Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start Bar

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ramsey76

ramsey76

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:58 AM

My start bar on PC seems to disapper. The only I get back shut the PC off and re boot. It happens a couple of times in a day. Virus and anti spy are used daily.

I would appreciate any help on what is causing this ?

Thanks

T

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:19 AM

You mean the whole blue bar at the bottom?If that is the case try, after you see the taksbar rightclick on it and tick "lock bar "

Edited by fozzie, 22 February 2007 - 08:19 AM.

#3 ramsey76

ramsey76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:35 AM

Yes the entire bar. I have the bar locked. The start bar is back without rebooting. I am think something is covering it rather than it not being there.

thanks

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

Are you using Desktop enhancement tools? For example Windowblinds, XP Visual Styles, DesktopX.. ?
Because they may cause this as well.

Although, if everything disappears, including desktop icons, this means that your explorer crashes.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:22 AM

Right click on the taskbar/ choose properties/ third check-box down is Keep the taskbar on top of other windows. Make sure its checked.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:56 PM

Do you have it set to autohide? If so just move your cursor down to where the taskbar is located and it should pop up. If you don't like that setting you can change in the options as outlined above.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users