Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm exasperated with spyware! Tried everything!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 thewronginfatuation

thewronginfatuation

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:50 PM

My computer runs on the Windows XP Operating System w/ the XP Firewall and I use Norton SystemWorks Professional Edition 2003. Upon starting my computer yesterday, I received several Windows window style alerts that told me of my computers ailments and offered a product and quoted a price. I immediately opened the Windows Task Manager to check my applications and noticed a “Virtual Bouncer,” which I ended. As I continued surfing the web, I received what seemed like hundreds of invasive pop-ups, most of which came every two or three minutes and recommended anti spy-ware/ad-ware, ironic right? Most of which were clearly advertisements. Some offer free-gifts, some are encyclopedias generated each time I do a Google search, and a few mysterious ones are blank. These pop-ups continue as I type right now. What really bothered me was that until yesterday I hadn’t received a pop-up in a month or so! I use the Google tool-bar’s pop-up blocker as well as the Internet Explorer’s, which is why I’m convinced these must be spy-ware generated. I got pop-ups while not running Internet Explorer, while checking my mail through Outlook Express for example.
I ran the program Ad-Aware, which recognized Virtual Bouncer but was not able to delete it. While unsuccessfully searching for it everywhere, I fell across a new mysterious folder titled AdDestroy. Unlike the Bouncer, I was able to uninstall this program though windows add/remove and delete the folder.
While looking at the System Configuration Utility’s Startup tab I noticed that VirtualBouncer and “SED” under the Startup Item column, (both still remain). A simple browse through my program files and I found and deleted a folder titled SED containing a program se.exe.
I don’t know if this is related, but I received two 4kb sized emails out of the blue from a “Mail Delivery Subsystem,” which I idiotically read, but didn’t open the attachments. Said, “The original message was received at Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:15:12 -0500 (EST) from bay104-dav13.bay104.hotmail.com [65.54.175.85] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----<volition@sellforme.com> ----- Transcript of session follows -----554 5.0.0 MX list for sellforme.com. points back to hampden.charm.net 554 5.3.5 Local configuration error.” Virus? Hacker? Spy-ware? I know nothing about computers.
I downloaded and ran Spybot Search and Destroy. Somewhere in the midst of panic my computer shutdown for the first time since I can remember. I worry that it was because of the spy-ware. Nothing seems to work! The pop-ups continue and I worry that my every move is being tracked.
Please help!
Here’s my HTJ:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 9:43:04 PM, on 1/5/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\aol\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\GHOSTS~2.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wkqwuw.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Diagnostics\diagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
C:\Program Files\EarthLink 5.0\Access\conmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb05.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\GhostStartTrayApp.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG311TSU\Utility\Gear311T.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\Nikon\NkView6\NkvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\SYSDOC32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Baby Bear\Desktop\slsk.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dellnet.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dellnet.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dellnet.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dellnet.com
O1 - Hosts: 69.20.16.183 search.netscape.com
O1 - Hosts: 69.20.16.183 ieautosearch
O1 - Hosts: 69.20.16.183 auto.search.msn.com
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [diagent] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Diagnostics\diagent.exe" startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BuildBU] c:\dell\bldbubg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ConMgr.exe] "C:\Program Files\EarthLink 5.0\Access\conmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GhostStartTrayApp] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\GhostStartTrayApp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AS00_Gear311T] C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG311TSU\Utility\Gear311T.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VBouncer] C:\PROGRA~1\VBouncer\VirtualBouncer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SESync] "C:\Program Files\SED\SED.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Startup: Norton System Doctor.LNK = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\SYSDOC32.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: NkvMon.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Nikon\NkView6\NkvMon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\calsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\aklsp.dll
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...74/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {90A29DA5-D020-4B18-8660-6689520C7CD7} (DmiReader Class) - http://ftp.us.dell.com/fixes/PROFILER.CAB
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmg...,15/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {C2FCEF52-ACE9-11D3-BEBD-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec RuFSI Registry Information Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {DDFFA75A-E81D-4454-89FC-B9FD0631E726} - http://www.zestyfind.com/app/DS4/DS4.cab
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\aol\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: GhostStartService - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\GHOSTS~2.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

Edited by thewronginfatuation, 05 January 2005 - 09:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:22 PM

Hi :thumbsup:

You have a Look2Me infection. Your recycle bin is damaged and if you delete a file it will be gone forever.
Before we clean this infection we need to remove all the other malware.

Please Download LSPFix from: LSP-Fix

Disconnect from the Internet and close all Internet Explorer windows. Run then program, check the "I know what I'm doing" button and place all listings of

calsp.dll

aklsp.dll

into the remove section by clicking on the button that points to the right. Do not remove any others. When all instances of this dll are in the Remove section. Press the Finish button.

REBOOT your machine.

To see a tutorial on how to use this program click the link below:
Using LSP-Fix to remove LSP Spyware & Hijackers

Some items are disabled in MSCONFIG, and not all your startup items are visible.
Go to Start -> Run -> Type msconfig and press Enter.

Click the Startup tab and check all Startup items or press the Enable All button and Close. Then press the Exit without restart button. Do not reboot your computer.

Run HijackThis and post a new log please.

Edited by cryo, 06 January 2005 - 03:24 PM.

Everyday is virus day. Do you know where your recovery CDs are ?
Did you create them yet ?

Posted Image

#3 thewronginfatuation

thewronginfatuation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:35 PM

Cryo, Thank you so much! You have no idea how appreciative I am of this. Each time I've tried to go on my computer it has crashed: the screen will go black and it will say something like "STOP: Cu0000zla {Fatal System Error} The Windows Log On Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0 (0Xc0000005) (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system will be shut down." Additionally, several times upon start up I'm alerted that winlogon.exe encountered a problem and needed to close. Anyways! I'll start that LSP fix, thanks again.

#4 thewronginfatuation

thewronginfatuation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:13 PM

I've got my fingers crossed? Did I follow your intructions correctly?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 10:10:13 PM, on 1/9/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\WinTools\WToolsS.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsA.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\WinTools\WSup.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dellnet.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dellnet.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dellnet.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dellnet.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {8952A998-1E7E-4716-B23D-3DBE03910972} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsB.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [diagent] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Diagnostics\diagent.exe" startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ConMgr.exe] "C:\Program Files\EarthLink 5.0\Access\conmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GhostStartTrayApp] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\GhostStartTrayApp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AS00_Gear311T] C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG311TSU\Utility\Gear311T.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinTools] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsA.exe
O4 - Startup: Norton System Doctor.LNK = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\SYSDOC32.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...74/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {90A29DA5-D020-4B18-8660-6689520C7CD7} (DmiReader Class) - http://ftp.us.dell.com/fixes/PROFILER.CAB
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmg...,15/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {C2FCEF52-ACE9-11D3-BEBD-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec RuFSI Registry Information Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {DDFFA75A-E81D-4454-89FC-B9FD0631E726} - http://www.zestyfind.com/app/DS4/DS4.cab

#5 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:30 PM

Please uninstall from Add\Remove Programs, if present:
WinTools

Please print or copy these instructions because you are not able to access the Internet in SafeMode.

Make sure you are set to show hidden files and folders:
A. On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.
B. Click the View tab.
C. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.
D. Uncheck Hide extensions for known filetypes and Hide protected operating system files.
How to see hidden files in Windows

REBOOT into SafeMode by tapping F8 key repeatedly at bootup: Starting your computer in Safe mode

Run HijackThis!, press Scan, and put a check mark next to all these:

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {8952A998-1E7E-4716-B23D-3DBE03910972} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsB.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinTools] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsA.exe

Close all other windows and browsers, and press the Fix Checked button.

Delete these folders, if present:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\WinTools\ <-- this folder

With all windows and browsers closed.
Clean out temporary and Temporary Internet Files.
A. Open System Security Suite.
B. In the Items to Clear tab thick:
- Internet Explorer (left pane): Cookies & Temporary files
- My Computer (right pane): Temporary files & Recycle Bin
Press the Clear Selected Items button.
Close the program.

REBOOT normally.

Download Find It NT-2K-XP.zip.

Unzip the contents of Find It NT-2K-XP.zip to a folder, for example c:\findit

Navigate to the c:\findit folder and double-click on find.bat.
A command prompt will open and it will search your computer for malicious files. Let it finish. It could take 5 - 10 minutes.

Once it has finished a Notepad window will pop up with output.txt.
Copy the entire contents of output.txt into your next post.

From the moment you post your list, until you see a detailed fix written up, DO NOT reboot your system or log off. If you do, the files will have changed and the fix provided will not work.

Edited by cryo, 09 January 2005 - 10:30 PM.

Posted Image

#6 thewronginfatuation

thewronginfatuation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2005 - 11:11 PM

Thank you very very much, again. I ran the hijack program through safe mode but wasn't able to find the 02 - BHO: (no name) - {87766247... The cmd.exe from Find It Nt-2K-XP is currently running. I hope I won't get another fatal system error shutdown (the one I described before), between the time that it takes for you to reply. My computer has been doing that too often, and it's beginning to scare me.

I also wanted to bring it to your attention that I've been receiving alerts each time the computer restarts. They read: ' An exception occured while trying to run ""c:/Windows/system32/iwmp.dll", UMonitor" ' but the other .dll include: mfdrv.dll, txaffic.dll, iofgnt5.dll, isclass.dll, and mjicda.dll, assuming that I jotted them down correctly. Should I be worried?

Output.txt:
Warning! This utility will find legitimate files in addition to malware.
Do not remove anything unless you are sure you know what you're doing.

Find.bat is running from: C:\findit\Find It NT-2K-XP

------- System Files in System32 Directory -------

Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 08E3-1CC2

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\System32

01/10/2005 10:45 PM 224,562 dn4m01h1e.dll
01/10/2005 10:45 PM <DIR> DLLCACHE
01/10/2005 10:35 PM 224,562 m2460chsef460.dll
01/10/2005 10:33 PM 224,562 SSXCOINS.DLL
01/10/2005 09:51 PM 224,562 irpql5751.dll
01/10/2005 09:26 PM 224,562 hr0605dse.dll
01/10/2005 09:06 PM 224,562 fp0203doe.dll
01/10/2005 09:01 PM 225,313 mvjsl9171.dll
01/10/2005 10:34 AM 224,562 ILMUI.DLL
01/09/2005 11:29 PM 223,278 enjml1111.dll
01/09/2005 07:58 PM 223,278 h00q0ad5ed0.dll
01/09/2005 06:38 PM 222,473 f60o0gd3e60.dll
01/09/2005 06:06 PM 225,984 g6400ghme64a0.dll
01/09/2005 05:45 PM 222,384 fpno0353e.dll
01/05/2005 10:10 PM 224,889 k2620cjoefoc0.dll
01/05/2005 05:07 PM 225,984 irr0l59m1.dll
01/04/2005 09:19 PM 224,356 k8pm0i71e8.dll
01/04/2005 01:27 PM 223,232 qeery.dll
04/26/2004 05:34 PM 32 {59BF3665-9FF1-44F7-9A76-0A72892D15C1}.dat
04/26/2004 05:34 PM 32 {A8E09120-5B12-4108-B9DD-E295A5FD7448}.dat
04/26/2004 05:33 PM 32 {21D47393-F355-44B2-B804-D1E6D8793519}.dat
04/26/2004 05:31 PM 32 {D305CCD9-59A4-4662-A8A4-D638C7DACD37}.dat
04/26/2004 05:31 PM 32 {819C1DB4-1FF0-47FA-94EF-5A57E41C71E0}.dat
04/26/2004 05:31 PM 32 {284C69FC-E361-474A-9E6B-0A65FF39F498}.dat
04/26/2004 05:28 PM 32 {3C077C3B-412E-4CA1-849E-06ECC19EF87B}.dat
08/13/2003 08:52 PM <DIR> Microsoft
24 File(s) 3,813,329 bytes
2 Dir(s) 51,372,449,792 bytes free

------- Hidden Files in System32 Directory -------

01/10/2005 10:45 PM <DIR> DLLCACHE
09/03/2002 07:57 AM 488 logonui.exe.manifest
09/03/2002 07:57 AM 488 WindowsLogon.manifest
09/03/2002 07:57 AM 749 sapi.cpl.manifest
09/03/2002 07:57 AM 749 ncpa.cpl.manifest
09/03/2002 07:57 AM 749 nwc.cpl.manifest
09/03/2002 07:57 AM 749 wuaucpl.cpl.manifest
09/03/2002 07:57 AM 749 cdplayer.exe.manifest
14 File(s) 4,945 bytes
1 Dir(s) 51,372,445,696 bytes free

------------ Files Named "Guard" ---------------

01/10/2005 10:54 PM 224,562 guard.tmp
1 File(s) 224,562 bytes
0 Dir(s) 51,372,445,696 bytes free

------ Temp Files in System32 Directory ------

01/10/2005 10:54 PM 224,562 guard.tmp
08/29/2002 04:00 AM 2,577 CONFIG.TMP
2 File(s) 227,139 bytes
0 Dir(s) 51,372,445,696 bytes free

------------------ User Agent ----------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
"{10DA6280-2103-4E7B-B6F4-D42D022E48BA}"=""

------------- Keys Under Notify -------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify]
"Asynchronous"=dword:00000000
"DllName"=""
"Impersonate"=dword:00000000
"Logon"="WinLogon"
"Logoff"="WinLogoff"
"Shutdown"="WinShutdown"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\MS-DOS Emulation]
"DllName"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\irpql5751.dll"
"Logon"="WinLogon"
"Logoff"="WinLogoff"
"Shutdown"="WinShutdown"

------------- Locate.com Results -------------

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\
dn4m01~1.dll Mon Jan 10 2005 10:45:54p ..S.R 224,562 219.30 K
enjml1~1.dll Sun Jan 9 2005 11:29:24p ..S.R 223,278 218.04 K
f60o0g~1.dll Sun Jan 9 2005 6:38:56p ..S.R 222,473 217.26 K
fp0203~1.dll Mon Jan 10 2005 9:06:24p ..S.R 224,562 219.30 K
fpno03~1.dll Sun Jan 9 2005 5:45:18p ..S.R 222,384 217.17 K
g6400g~1.dll Sun Jan 9 2005 6:06:44p ..S.R 225,984 220.69 K
h00q0a~1.dll Sun Jan 9 2005 7:58:54p ..S.R 223,278 218.04 K
hr0605~1.dll Mon Jan 10 2005 9:27:00p ..S.R 224,562 219.30 K
ilmui.dll Mon Jan 10 2005 10:34:54a ..S.R 224,562 219.30 K
irpql5~1.dll Mon Jan 10 2005 9:51:38p ..S.R 224,562 219.30 K
irr0l5~1.dll Wed Jan 5 2005 5:07:12p ..S.R 225,984 220.69 K
k2620c~1.dll Wed Jan 5 2005 10:10:12p ..S.R 224,889 219.62 K
k8pm0i~1.dll Tue Jan 4 2005 9:19:40p ..S.R 224,356 219.10 K
m2460c~1.dll Mon Jan 10 2005 10:35:28p ..S.R 224,562 219.30 K
mvjsl9~1.dll Mon Jan 10 2005 9:01:48p ..S.R 225,313 220.03 K
qeery.dll Tue Jan 4 2005 1:27:14p ..S.R 223,232 218.00 K
ssxcoins.dll Mon Jan 10 2005 10:33:52p ..S.R 224,562 219.30 K

17 items found: 17 files, 0 directories.
Total of file sizes: 3,813,105 bytes 3.63 M

-------- Strings.exe Qoologic Results --------

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\cpicuc.dll: updates.qoologic.com
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\easepe.dll: updates.qoologic.com
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hqxhuh.exe: updates.qoologic.com

--------- Strings.exe Aspack Results ---------

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll: .aspack
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pvgpup.dat: .aspack
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wkqwuw.exe: .aspack
C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\STARTM~1\Programs\Startup\hnfhgh.exe: .aspack

-------------- HKLM Run Key ----------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NvCplDaemon"="RUNDLL32.EXE C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup"
"diagent"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Creative\\SBLive\\Diagnostics\\diagent.exe\" startup"
"UpdReg"="C:\\WINDOWS\\UpdReg.EXE"
"DVDSentry"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\DSentry.exe"
"AdaptecDirectCD"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Roxio\\Easy CD Creator 5\\DirectCD\\DirectCD.exe\""
"BuildBU"="c:\\dell\\bldbubg.exe"
"DwlClient"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Dell\\EUSW\\Support.exe"
"ConMgr.exe"="\"C:\\Program Files\\EarthLink 5.0\\Access\\conmgr.exe\""
"HPDJ Taskbar Utility"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\spool\\drivers\\w32x86\\3\\hpztsb05.exe"
"QuickTime Task"="\"C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\qttask.exe\" -atboottime"
"Microsoft Works Update Detection"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\Works Shared\\WkUFind.exe"
"ccApp"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\ccApp.exe\""
"ccRegVfy"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\ccRegVfy.exe\""
"GhostStartTrayApp"="C:\\Program Files\\Norton SystemWorks\\Norton Ghost\\GhostStartTrayApp.exe"
"AS00_Gear311T"="C:\\Program Files\\NETGEAR\\WG311TSU\\Utility\\Gear311T.exe -hide"
"TkBellExe"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Real\\Update_OB\\realsched.exe\" -osboot"
"Narrator"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\wkqwuw.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

#7 thewronginfatuation

thewronginfatuation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2005 - 11:16 PM

Forgot to add - I have also been having problems with winlogon.exe; recieving alerts. Something isn't working properly.

#8 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:37 AM

Hi

Download KillBox here: KillBox. Unzip it to your desktop.

Disconnect from the internet.

Start Killbox and click on Tools --> Select Delete Temp Files. Click OK.

Select the Delete on reboot option.

Copy and paste the following file to the field labeled "Full path of file to delete"
C:\WINDOWS\System32\dn4m01h1e.dll

Press the Delete button (the button that looks like a red circle with a white X in it).

A first dialog box will ask if you want to delete the file on reboot, press the YES button.

A second dialog box will ask you if you want to REBOOT now. Press the NO button.

Repeat steps above for these files:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\m2460chsef460.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\SSXCOINS.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\System32\irpql5751.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\hr0605dse.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\fp0203doe.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\mvjsl9171.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\ILMUI.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\System32\enjml1111.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\h00q0ad5ed0.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\f60o0gd3e60.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\g6400ghme64a0.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\fpno0353e.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\k2620cjoefoc0.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\irr0l59m1.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\k8pm0i71e8.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\qeery.dll

Copy and paste the following file to the field labeled "Full path of file to delete"
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Guard.tmp

Press the Delete button (the button that looks like a red circle with a white X in it).

A first dialog box will ask if you want to delete the file on reboot, press the YES button.

A second dialog box will ask you if you want to REBOOT now. Press the YES button.

Your computer will reboot.

Run again Find.bat, HijackThis, and post the logs please.

Something isn't working properly

I know ... it's the Look2Me adware.

Posted Image

#9 thewronginfatuation

thewronginfatuation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:20 PM

My output.txt:

01/11/2005 08:07 PM <DIR> DLLCACHE
7 File(s) 224 bytes
2 Dir(s) 51,378,581,504 bytes free

01/11/2005 08:07 PM <DIR> DLLCACHE
14 File(s) 4,945 bytes
1 Dir(s) 51,378,577,408 bytes free

1 File(s) 2,577 bytes
0 Dir(s) 51,378,577,408 bytes free

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify]
"DllName"=""
"Logon"="WinLogon"
"Logoff"="WinLogoff"
"Shutdown"="WinShutdown"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Controls Folder]
"DllName"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dn4m01h1e.dll"
"Logon"="WinLogon"
"Logoff"="WinLogoff"
"Shutdown"="WinShutdown"

No matches found.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\cpicuc.dll: updates.qoologic.com
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\easepe.dll: updates.qoologic.com
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hqxhuh.exe: updates.qoologic.com

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pvgpup.dat: .aspack
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wkqwuw.exe: .aspack
C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\STARTM~1\Programs\Startup\hnfhgh.exe: .aspack

REGEDIT4

"diagent"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Creative\\SBLive\\Diagnostics\\diagent.exe\" startup"
"AdaptecDirectCD"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Roxio\\Easy CD Creator 5\\DirectCD\\DirectCD.exe\""
"HPDJ Taskbar Utility"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\spool\\drivers\\w32x86\\3\\hpztsb05.exe"
"Microsoft Works Update Detection"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\Works Shared\\WkUFind.exe"
"GhostStartTrayApp"="C:\\Program Files\\Norton SystemWorks\\Norton Ghost\\GhostStartTrayApp.exe"
"AS00_Gear311T"="C:\\Program Files\\NETGEAR\\WG311TSU\\Utility\\Gear311T.exe -hide"
"TkBellExe"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Real\\Update_OB\\realsched.exe\" -osboot"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

And the hijackthis log:

Scan saved at 8:18:40 PM, on 1/11/2005

Running processes:

O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe

#10 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:35 PM

OK, looks good. Qoologic trojan is still there.

Start Killbox and click on Tools --> Select Delete Temp Files. Click OK.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\cpicuc.dll

A second dialog box will ask you if you want to REBOOT now. Press the NO button.

Repeat steps above for these files:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\easepe.dll

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hqxhuh.exe

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pvgpup.dat

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wkqwuw.exe

C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\STARTM~1\Programs\Startup\hnfhgh.exe

A second dialog box will ask you if you want to REBOOT now. Press the YES button.

Your computer will reboot.

Run again Find.bat, HijackThis, and post the logs please.

Posted Image

#11 thewronginfatuation

thewronginfatuation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:57 PM

I can't thank you enough for all this!

1.)

01/11/2005 08:43 PM <DIR> DLLCACHE
7 File(s) 224 bytes
2 Dir(s) 51,356,618,752 bytes free

01/11/2005 08:43 PM <DIR> DLLCACHE
14 File(s) 4,945 bytes
1 Dir(s) 51,356,614,656 bytes free

1 File(s) 2,577 bytes
0 Dir(s) 51,356,614,656 bytes free

REGEDIT4

REGEDIT4

"DllName"=""
"Logon"="WinLogon"
"Logoff"="WinLogoff"
"Shutdown"="WinShutdown"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Controls Folder]
"DllName"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dn4m01h1e.dll"
"Logon"="WinLogon"
"Logoff"="WinLogoff"
"Shutdown"="WinShutdown"

No matches found.

REGEDIT4

"Installed"="1"

"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

"Installed"="1"

2.)
Scan saved at 8:54:18 PM, on 1/11/2005

Running processes:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Narrator] C:\WINDOWS\system32\wkqwuw.exe

#12 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:19 PM

He, he, Qoologic & Look2Me RIP.

I can't thank you enough for all this!

My pleasure :thumbsup:

A. Repair the Recycle bin
Start Killbox.exe

1. Copy and paste the line below in the field labeled "Full path of file to delete"
c:\recycler

Then press the button that looks like a red circle with a white X in it.
When it asks if you would like to Reboot now, press the YES button.

Your computer will reboot. Check if the recycle bin is OK. Create an empty TXT file and delete it. Please report back.

B. Restore user agent string

Copy the contents of the Quote Box below to Notepad.
Click File menu -> Save and name the file as fix.reg
Change the Save as Type to All Files
Save this file on the desktop.

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Controls Folder]
"{10DA6280-2103-4E7B-B6F4-D42D022E48BA}"=-
"SV1"=""

Double-click on the fix.reg file on your desktop, and when it prompts to merge say Yes, and this will repair some registry entries.

C. Restore Policy
Download VX2Finder from this link:
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/VX2Finder.exe
Run Vx2Finder and click on the Restore Policy button.

D. HijackThis Fix

Run HijackThis!, press Scan, and put a check mark next to all these:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Narrator] C:\WINDOWS\system32\wkqwuw.exe

Close all other windows and browsers, and press the Fix Checked button.

REBOOT your machine and post a new hijackthis log please.

Posted Image

#13 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:23 PM

Your Notify key looks strange, but I think we can fix that too.

Posted Image

#14 thewronginfatuation

thewronginfatuation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:41 PM

The empty text file was successfully deleted, and now remains in the Norton Protected Recycle Bin, should I proceed?

#15 thewronginfatuation

thewronginfatuation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2005 - 10:09 PM

Scan saved at 10:07:21 PM, on 1/11/2005

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users