Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limewire Is Acting Wierd Now

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 angelfan4life6993

angelfan4life6993

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:57 PM

when i download songs on limewire it worked fine but then when i turn off my computer and go back on the next day they go to the programs folder and when i try to play them it says they cant for a security reason i was looking on the limewire forums and they said to come here and do a scan or something can someone please help me :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:03 AM

Posted Image to BC..

Some questions :

1) Which file types ( rightclick propperties)
2) With what you are trying to play ( WMP?)
3) Have you tried to scan those files with your anti virus?

I suspect that there is something very tricky in those songs. Please post back what you may find and especially the virus scan would be very interesting to see

#3 angelfan4life6993

angelfan4life6993
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:59 PM

1)application

2)yes its the default player

3)yes but it shows nothing and wen it shows finles scanned it shows zero im using norton

#4 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:30 PM

they said to come here and do a scan or something can someone please help me :thumbsup:

Hi anglefan4life.
It was suggested you come here because of the possibility that your computer is infected. Go here Preparation Guide For Before posting a Hijack This Log & run through all the steps & then post a HijackThis log in this forum: HijackThis Log & Analysis. An expert will come along & help you clean up your computer. Wait for someone to reply. Do not reply yourself (your log may get overlooked ) & do not make any changes to your computer. If no one has replied in five days, go here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic14717.html .

Edited by hillbillygreek, 25 February 2007 - 01:46 PM.

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:14 AM

To clarify what hillbillygreek said:

I suggest you follow the directions in this guide. Then create an HJT log, you will find the directions in the guide.

Now edit the topic you just created in the HiJack this forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82881/limewire-is-acting-wierd-now/ You will find an edit button 3rd button from the right at the bottom of your post. Briefly summarize what the problems are, what you have done to try to solve it, and what worked and didn't work and paste in your HJT log.

After you post your log, DO NOT make any further changes to your computer: deleting files, editing the registry, using special fix tools, installing or uninstalling software etc. as this will make it more difficult for the HJT team to help you.

Please be patient as the HJT team is very busy. DO NOT bump your log as the team may think that someone is already helping you. If you have not had a response in five days, add a response to the five days no response topic and paste in the link to your thread.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users