Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Javascript Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wannabeadmin141

wannabeadmin141

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:45 PM

I receive this error message everytime i try to watch something on youtube or any other flash site:

'Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player.'

Why??? The issue started recently, and i haven't installed any new software/hardware or updated the pc in any way. No viruses or spyware/adaware detected from spysweeper or norton internet security. My java is upto date and i believe javascript is enabled. Lastly, when going to the flash website to check my version it states i have the newest and it is installed already.
Thanks in advance for your help..

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 21 February 2007 - 10:55 PM.

"As it was in the beginning, it will be in the end "

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,984 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:05 PM

The usual fix for this is to uninstall all instances of flash player. You may have several in your Add/Remove program. You MUST use the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller for all adobe flash players. Earlier ones you can use the Add/Remove program.
Then install Flash player in each browser.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...cfm?id=tn_14157

If you still have a problem, uninstall all Java programs and reinstall Java. The latest is 6.0. You should always check to make sure you only have the latest Java program installed and remove all others.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 wannabeadmin141

wannabeadmin141
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:06 AM

I will try this after work this afternoon. thanks

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:15 AM

Also: check your browser's security settings.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 wannabeadmin141

wannabeadmin141
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:39 PM

all set. its appreciated.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,984 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:11 PM

Good to hear that! Enjoy the Fliks!

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users