Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyguard

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Widelia

Widelia

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:38 PM

Hello, I'm new at this, so here goes. I was having a problem with continuous pop-ups and communicated with the Dell Forum. The individual helping me suggested I download among other applications, SpyGuard from your site, which I did - or tried to. The application does not open when I click on the icon. I tried uninstalling it and a message came up that it was running. I checked Task Manager and it was. I ended the process and uninstalled the program. I tried reinstalling it again, but I continue to have the same problem. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

Would you please provide the link where you downloaded or tried to download Spyguard from?
By that I mean the link to a page on this site that recommends Spyguard or has a link to download from.

Edited by buddy215, 21 February 2007 - 09:58 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:56 PM

Do you mean SpywareGuard (Javacool Software)? SpyGuard is on the Rogue/Suspect Antispyware Product list

SpyGuard

aggressive, deceptive advertising (1, 2, 3); uses flawed, inadequate detection scheme; same app as AdwareBazooka, AdwarePunisher, HitSpy, RemedyAntiSpy, SpyCut, SpyiBlock, Spyware Disinfector, & SystemStable

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:35 PM

Spyware Guard is a real-time protection tool that monitors certain events and then acts to notify you that these events are taking place rather than prevent specific threats. SG will notify you of any event attempt to change the browser home page - it makes no judgment on whether the change is good or bad but leaves the decision up to you to allow or deny it.

Can you describe these pop ups that your getting?

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans? Have your tried doing your scans in "SAFE MODE"?

You need to start there first. If you don't have any anti-virus or anti-malware programs see BC's List of Virus & Malware Resources and at least scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D. In #4 there is a list of several free online anti-virus scans which you can perform.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 xybjj

xybjj

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:35 PM

SpyGuard sounds really familiar to me . I remembered that it was in the bad anti virus list .....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users