Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Applications That Have Earned The "certified For Windows Vista" Logo Or The "works With Windows Vista"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:02 PM

This article contains a list of applications that have earned the "Certified for Windows Vista" logo or the "Works with Windows Vista" logo. These applications are officially supported on Windows Vista by our independent software vendor (ISV) partners.

MicroSoft Knowledge Base #933305
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

Great link! Thanks KY!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:30 PM

Hello

Just thought I would share this list should prove usefull to all.
http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Wind...lls_.2F_IDS.27s

Hope it helps
Regards,

Alan.

#4 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:28 AM

http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Wind...patibility_List

#5 the_thunderdog

the_thunderdog

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:48 PM

[font=Arial][size=2]In the posting by Microsoft of certified apps (March 2007), I found only about 250 companies and a lot of games. This seems very thin to me two months after the launch of a major new platform? I did get my Norton Antivirus 2007 that "works with Vista" for $26.99 US today from www.asystematics.com . My trial period was about to expire so I just un-installed the trial version that came on my new PC.
I am looking forward to some dynamite graphics programs to hit the market. Maybe some software firms do not want to be certified so that MS does not peak at their code. Can' t say I blame them with MS's track record :huh:

#6 Bobblewik

Bobblewik

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:09 AM

Thanks for the MS link, for those who can't or won't use IE (happens to be broken on my Vista), Firefox 2.0.0.5 on July 24 was able to open
this link from the the MS KB MicroSoft Knowledge Base #933305 that KoanYorel posted:
https://winqual.microsoft.com/member/softwa...tifiedlist.aspx

( winqual.microsoft.com refused both Netscape 9.02b and Opera 9.22, insisted I had to use IE ).

I counted 467 certified programs and 1453 "works with" programs, including all versions.
Anyone know if these are being updated? I could not see a date.

Does it matter that such common applications as Adobe Acrobat, Realplayer, Mozilla, Opera are not in either list?

I ask because I'm researching what might be wrong with my out of the box OEM Vista, as it has Realplayer and Acrobat bundled in,
and Realplayer has given me a lot of grief (for example RP works for me only when 10.5 build 6.0.12.1578 is standalone, not via plugin).
Maybe I need a list of common applications with problems and which versions have their Vista problems resolved. :huh:
FWIW here is my personal "works with Vista" list!
Date      , Adobe AR  ,  Firefox      ,  Netscape ,  Opera   ,  Real Player20070724a , 7.0.8 =n  ,  2.0.0.5 =cy  ,  9.0b2    ,  9.22 =p ,  10.5 build 6.0.12.1578 =f20070724p , 7.0.9 =n  ,  2.0.0.5 =y   ,  9.0b2    ,  9.22 =p ,  10.5 build 6.0.12.1578 =fKey: Adobe AR = Adobe Acrobat Reader, kept up to date but not normally trieda=   morning   p= afternoon=p=  pauses for 5-10 seconds at a time=n=  not tried=f=  usable but frustrating due to GUI, long pauses, failures=cy= always crashes in mail.yahoo.com=y   seems to NOT crash with yahoo.com

HP Pavilion Media Center TV m8055.it PC
Health: Since new, problems with IE(unregistered DLLs), RealPlayer 10.5(nightmare), Firefox 2.0.0.5(no longer crashing), Opera 9.22(slow at times), Vista last hung July12;
Athlon 64 X2 (W) 5000+ 2.6 GHz, MCP61PM-HM (Nettle), GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB SATA 3G, Firefox 2.0.0.5, Opera 9.22
using Windows Defender with AVG:7.5.476,db:269.10.16/914,Anti-spyware:4.2.18,Database:2639,AVG firewall; Spyware Blaster latest Vista Windows Update latest
available: Spybot Search & Destroy

#7 Kelly2009

Kelly2009

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:02 PM

Thanks for the MS link, for those who can't or won't use IE happens to be broken on my Vista,

Yours too? I get a popup saying something about Virtual Key. I hate IE with a flaming passion, and I use Firefox.

#8 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:00 PM

Hi everyone!

I use both IE and Firefox and have not had many problems as of yet. Except some minor ones that I can think of off the top of my head. The ones I did have were an inconvience more than anything. The problems I do have are mostly minor compatablity problems. Sometimes IE stops working for no apparent reason,also windows stops working. But that could be do to McAfee and Windows Defender both having a firewall. But they say not to have two programs on at the same time. So my Question is: Why then do they ship the computers with them installed? Huh? If one is turned off, then you get an alarm saying computer is not protected. But if both are turned on THen they could adversly affect the operation of the computer. So what is one to do?

But I do find it intersting that there are not more software makers providing more programs in Vista. That can make one wonder: What are they waiting for? Or what do they know, that the rest of us does not? Or are they just waiting for Microsoft to work the "bugs" out?

Sorry to get of track. But it does mke you wonder.

#9 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:44 AM

Microsoft's December 2007 Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943302

#10 brotherZ

brotherZ

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for the info. So what happens if you install an older program that was meant for XP?

#11 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the &quot;Logic Free Zone&quot;, in Md, USA

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

It may or may not work. Not to be funny, but a search on google may provide a fix or work around.
Or, one can always ask on the BC too. Someone will try to help.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#12 lisa123

lisa123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:06 AM

It is very interesting that there are not more software makers providing more programs in Vista. That can make one wonder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users