Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup's

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ataryu

Ataryu

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:26 PM

I wasn't going to post anything about this but I figured "what the heck, its not gonna hurt" :thumbsup:

Well this morning I woke up and start customizing some things on my computer, and went to check my startups and noticed I had a lot of things running when I started up windows. So I go rid of some of the programs I knew I didn't need on, and that I could identify, but still I noticed a lot of startup's. So I got on the net in search for some sort of database that was able to identify these programs running. I found this cool site and a program that I download that helps out alot when deciding what you need and don't need. I can't go into much detail yet because I don't know to much about the program......but yeah...explained below.

Well for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about here is a summary from the awesome site explaining startups:

Most applications you install today using the step to step installing guide tells your computer to start this program up when windows starts. And as this progress's the programs use up your memory which seriously slows your computer down. The reason for this is that all of these programs use a portion of the system memory and resources which leaves a smaller percentage for other programs once they're opened. Eventually many programs can become unusable.

I don't see the point in rewriting everything the site has on it so I will just give you the URL and you can read up for yourself. You can pretty much scan through the site if you know what you are looking for. The program I downloaded was http://greatis.com/regrun3appdatabase.htm and it can be used for much more than startups...but I don't know much about registry and all that types of stuff. I'm still an amateur computer user...lol. There are a lot of links to a lot of stuff to help clean up your computer at this site, the great site, that saved me....: http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm

Hope this helps...and that its not pointless, :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users