Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Conexant Modem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:10 AM

Hi,
Does anyone know if a Vista compatible driver exists for this modem?

Conexant D850 56k v.9x DFVc Modem

I have a Dell Dimension 5150, currently running XP Prof. SP2 but I want to re-format my drive and install Vista Home Premium.

I can easily find a driver on the Dell site, but it doesn't mention it is compatible with Vista.; only XP, Win2K and 2003 Server. Googling this device also gave me a lot of information but again, only drivers for XP.

No luck on the Conexant website either.

Please help. :huh:

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

Here's more info here:

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?cat=su...nt+d850&p=1

The 3rd one down in the list, is what I have right now on the system.

The only Vista compatible versions are items 6 & 7 in this list, but they are not for a Dimension 5150. Also, they are not the drivers. Item 6 is a Diagnostic utility and Item 7 is a modem helper.

You can click on "Verify Operating System and Product Compatibility"

Any info for a Vista driver would be very much appreciated. :huh:

#3 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:10 PM

I have had some experiences that, with routers, modems etc, most often the xp drivers will work. If it will not install on first try, you could attempt the usual device manager/right click and point the driver update to your XP CD. Maybe another reader has had some success with this??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users