Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vxd Files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nita

Nita

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:27 AM

I am in big trouble here. I have windows 98SE.I am using zonealarm firewall but as it is no longer supporting this system I downloaded jetico which apparently works with windows 98...however once I had installed it I couldn't connect to the Internet so I uninstalled it. On rebooting it went thro' a lot of the process and then came up with unable to find bcfilt95.vxd. I put in my windows98disk and it finally booted up. I then went to system tools file checker but it couldn't find the file. I now find that I can only boot up with the windows disk.This is very annoying and is likely to lead to divorce proceedings when my better half tries to boot up. I googled the missing file and came up with another helpsite where someone had had the exact same experience but I couldn't see how to solve the problem.In something of a panic I foolishly downloaded something called Mighty Max which claimed to solve vxd problems for free!!However as soon as I installed it it asked for money so I uninstalled it and now there also seems to be a missing file bcftdi95.vxd which when I google it doesn't seem to exist.I can still boot up with the windows 98 disk in. Can anyone help me with this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:38 AM

As far as divorce proceedings is concerned please Mr. Bill Gates..

Please checkthis thread. What you could do is go to www.bootdisk.com and download the right bootdisks this should enable you to get the PC booted and start to repair stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users