Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Myspace Video Problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Krystian

Krystian

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:56 PM

Ok, i have had this problem for a while now and after repeated attempts to fix it, the problem remains. Whenever i try to view a video on Myspace i just wont play. The status bar says its loading content but the it says done and the video isn't even loaded. I don't experience this problem with any other site such as YouTube or Google, only with Myspace. Does anyone have any ideas about what to do to solve this problem? I've messaged Myspace about 2 days ago but they are really taking their sweet time in replying and i doubt they will.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:16 AM

Posted Image to BC Krystian
There could be a number of issues at hand here. The shortest way is to do the following START RUN and type eventvwr. This will open a screen where you can choose from 3 options (Application System and Security) Please check there for red crosses, selec them them and post the contents here.

#3 Krystian

Krystian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:48 PM

Well i did that and a screen pops up with a right-side menu with the following: Application, Security, System, ACEEventLog, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office Diagnostics, Microsoft Office Sessions. Inside them the closest thing to "red crosses" are white X's on a red circle. In Application and System alone there are at least a hundred of those, and im not even going to try to copy all that. Is there anything more specific i can do or any other info i can give u?

Also note im running Win. XP Pro SP2 and the problem is occurring on both FireFox and IE.

#4 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying. Can you give me an example of a link in Myspace?

#5 Krystian

Krystian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:01 PM

well for example if i want to see this video... http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1993987350

All i see is a black video screen and for a second a little animation of the "myspace video loading" pops up. Then it goes totally black again and nothing happens after that. Even if i click play and pause nothing happens.

#6 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:11 PM

Sorry! an unexpected error has occurred.

This error has been forwarded to MySpace's technical group.

This is what I saw using FF

#7 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:18 PM

FWIW: I just tried the link & the video worked fine on my end.

Sorry! an unexpected error has occurred.

This error has been forwarded to MySpace's technical group.

This happens often on My Space & is not exclusive to videos. A report is sent to their tech group & is usually fixed on their end. My Space traffic gets pretty heavy at times & causes that type of error. Checking back at another time to try again is about all you can do.

A couple of things you could try to see if it solves this
:

>> Go here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ & download CCleaner. Before you run it, go to Options > Advanced & uncheck Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours.

>> (More of a longshot than anything) Go here http://hostsman.abelhadigital.com/ & download/install Hostsman (download link is in middle of the page). Go to Hosts > Check for Updates, make sure a checkmark is only next to MVPS Hosts & under If new update available select Overwrite current Hosts. You can make the overwrite default by going to Settings > Default Action & use the blue arrow to select Overwrite Hosts file then click Apply > Ok for the changes to take effect.

#8 Krystian

Krystian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

Nope, that didn't work... I think its got something to do with the type of player Myspace has... I'm not sure but i think its based on Flash, but when i go to the flash homepage, it says i have the most current version installed. Anyone got any more ideas?

**Edit: I'm sure that Myspace uses Flash. this is their player http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf
I also found this "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player." So im sure i have the lastest flash update installed, i have 9,0,28,0 installed. But im not sure how to check if Javascript is turned on so anyone know how? Thx.

Edited by Krystian, 24 February 2007 - 10:14 PM.

#9 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:21 AM

Firefox:

Tools > Options > Content

IE:

Tools > Internet Options > Security

Each zone has unique script settings applied for it. Your safest bet would be to go through each of them & set them to their default level. Click apply > ok for the changes to take effect. IE7 allows you to reset all zones to their default with one button.

#10 kylezo

kylezo

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:57 PM

Sorry about reviving the old thread, but HostMan can actually be the cause of this problem. It puts TONS of myspace-related addresses in the Hosts file modification. This can cause the button icons to not show properly and the videos to not play at all. Turning off the Hosts file mod with the program will stop that behaviour or, alternately, you can manually remove myspace entries from the modified HOSTS file. Just make sure to leave the ad server addresses!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users