I cannot find any information about Generic Pup.q
Download and run the anti-spyware programs I have listed below. After scanning, and if you still see this pup, we can provide further suggestions.
AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5
Download AVG AntiSpyware 7.5 (formerly Edwido) found here: http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
Directions for use in both normal and safe modes are provided here by our own quietman7:http://www.castlecops.com/t137442-CCSP_Ewi...structions.html
You will also find the directions to disable the real-time scanning which I would advise doing right away as it is only available for the paid version which the free version is like for the first 30 days. I would suggest doing the scan in safe mode after setting up the proper scanning selections.
Here is a brief summary for installation and set-up. If scanning in safe-mode, set-up in Normal mode first, then reboot into safe-mode:
Double click the avg-setup file to begin installation and follow the prompts.
When the program has been installed, and you click the Finish button, AVG A-S will open.
Updating AVG Anti-Spyware:
* By default AVG A-S is configured to update automatically so, if you have an active internet connection, it should do so following installation. If you are unsure whether or not it has done so, do the following: Click the Update icon at the top and under "Manual Update" - click the Start update button.
* Either AVG A-S will update or inform you that no update was available.
Disabling the Resident Shield:
* By default the Resident Shield is active but as it may interfere with the process of cleaning your PC, it will need to be disabled.
(When the PC has been cleaned you can activate the shield again, if you wish.)
* Click the Shield icon at the top and under "Resident shield is..." - click active.
* This should now change to inactive.
Changing Recommended Actions
* Click the Scanner icon at the top and then click the Settings Tab.
* Under "How to act?" click Recommended actions and select "Quarantine" from the menu.
And for scanning:
Ensure that ALL open Windows / Programs / Folders are closed and then run AVG A-S.
* If it is not already selected, click the Scanner icon at the top and then select the Scan Tab.
* Click "Complete System Scan"
* While the scan is in progress the PC should be left otherwise idle.
* When the scan has completed, any threats that AVG A-S has detected will be displayed.
* Click the Apply all actions
button at the bottom.
* When AVG A-S has finished, it will display the message "All actions have been applied".
Saving a report:
* Click the Save Report
button at the bottom left and the "Reports" window will open.
* The content of the scan report will be displayed in the right hand pane and a copy will be automatically saved as Report-Scan-date-time.txt into the C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Reports folder.
Click the Save report as button and select a destination by clicking the down arrow to the right of the Save in: text box and then click Save.
Please let us know what, if anything, it found.
Close AVG Anti-Spyware.
Download and install SUPERAntiSpyware free found here: http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html
Be sure to click on the download button to the left, not on the free trial download on the right.
Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
· It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
· Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
· Click the Scanning Control tab.
· Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
o Close browsers before scanning
o Scan for tracking cookies
o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
· On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
· On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
· On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
· Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
· After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
· Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
· It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
· To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
You can then see what it found or didn't find. Please let us know what it found.
· Click close and close again to exit the program.