Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Paint.NET

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:31 PM

For anyone interested this looks pretty interesting. It does require you to have .NET Framework 1.1 installed though.

http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/

Paint.NET is image and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows XP or 2000. Paint.NET is jointly developed at Washington State University with additional help from Microsoft, and is meant to be a free replacement for the MS Paint software that comes with all Windows operating systems. The programming language used to create Paint.NET is C#, with GDI+ extensions.

Paint.NET has many of the powerful features that expensive commercial applications have, including the ability to use layers. This is the second semester that Paint.NET has been a project at Washington State University, and we have the goal of adding as much functionality as expensive commercial applications provide, but of course, for free! In the spirit of all this freedom, we welcome any suggestions, as well as provide the source code free of charge for anyone who wishes to tinker with it. Please explore this website, download the software and try out many of the things you would do on those expensive commercial applications.

Posted Image
There is no justice, there is just us.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 06 January 2005 - 09:44 PM

Just tried the program. It is definitely a much greater improvement over the pain program, but still lacks many features that programs like photoshop or paintshop pro contain.

All in all i would replace MS paint with that any day

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2005 - 09:52 PM

It sounded interesting. But not compatible with ME. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#4 Ronbo

Ronbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2005 - 07:12 AM

Just tried the program.  It is definitely a much greater improvement over the pain program, but still lacks many features that programs like photoshop or paintshop pro contain.

All in all i would replace MS paint with that any day

Glad to hear that it is better than paint (not that that is saying much though). Hopefully with time, because it is an on-going school project, it will acquire many of those features. I was going to try it out, but because I have Paint Shop Pro, I thought I would wait until they release the next update they promise for sometime later this month.
There is no justice, there is just us.

#5 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2005 - 09:10 PM

Quite an impressive lil program, it has many of the advanced features comparable to PS pro all ready. I look forward to the newer version. Considering it's an ongoing project, it should be a real doozy when they finish it.

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 07 January 2005 - 11:42 PM

Let me give it a try!

I bet it is no better than the gimp.

After download.....

Ok I d/l it and it says I need .net framework. I already have it. As far as I know I do. I went to download what it asked for and its 22mb and im on dial up.

Did I just waste my time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users