Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bypassing Network Firewalls

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dave 'The Rave'

Dave 'The Rave'

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:44 AM

Recently the board of education has imposed a very strict website blocker, and now students are unable to go to many websites that are not related to academic school work. The most information I can give is the URL for myspace if you try to go to it.
http://bessy.yrdsb.edu.on.ca/controlcenter...igest=192igest%
Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:49 AM

First, requesting information of this type is clearly against BC forum rules:

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user."

While I deplore the restriction, I should warn you that the computers are the property of the board, and it has a legal right to restrict their use. Moreover, bypassing their measures can have serious implications, both academically as well as possible criminal charges.

This thread is closed.
Regards,
John
Global Moderator

Edited by jgweed, 20 February 2007 - 07:32 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users