Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keylogger Detection?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ranger-007

ranger-007

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:45 AM

Hey everyone.

So I know I have one keylogger on my computer (PC Weasel) my parents put it there a year or so ago. It's also really easy to detect it shows up in the procces part of system manager and in SpyBot. But now I'm wondering if there might also be another one installed since that ones not on. Or maybe they finally realized how stupid it was? But anyway, would there be a way to tell? I haven't seen anything in the the system processes and nothin shows up on Spybot and such. That mean I'm good?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:59 AM

Posted Image to BC. Wouldn't it be the simplest to have a heart to heart with your parents and simply ask them?

#3 ranger-007

ranger-007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:08 AM

Aww. Thanks for the welcome!! =)

And as for the heart to heart. Probably not. They're still kinda *roar* about that subject. Seeing as how I'm in charge of *all* security matters for the computer though (and have managed to *not* delete PC Weasel everytime it comes up on SpyBot), you think they would tell me, but no.

#4 enyaa

enyaa

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:53 AM

hello

sorry to ask that but what is a keylogger? and what does it do cuz i have one on mine too.

enyaa

#5 ranger-007

ranger-007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:57 AM

a keylogger records every keystroke typed. therefore it records usernames, passwords, IM convos, everything. It can allow people to get your bank account numbers and such if you do online banking (if it was installed by...a hacker. not sure thats the right word) Some keyloggers (such as the one on my comp.) even take screenshots. All in all huge invasion of privacy and possibly a very high security threat

Edited by ranger-007, 20 February 2007 - 10:58 AM.

#6 enyaa

enyaa

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:24 AM

thxs alot how can i get rid of it. my ex installed everything on this pc. and when we broke up he told me things he shouldn't have known :thumbsup: i just don't know what kind it is how can i find that out and remove it?

enyaa

Edited by enyaa, 20 February 2007 - 11:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users