Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthis Log File... Problem Affecting My Employment As Well

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 Falu

Falu

• Security Colleague
  • 3,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:51 PM

Hi PMS-ING, :thumbsup:

I have windows firewall, it IS enabled it just doesn't get picked up by HijackThis. I know its working cause it popped up yesterday when I reinstalled a program.

I suggest you install a decent 3rd party firewall which will also block "outgoing" attempts to access the net. The Windows version only blocks "incoming". Please check my post 11 for three alternatives.

The items that you told me to fix with Hijack this always come back in a new scan even after checking them off and clicking "Fix Checked." They don't have any values attached to them so I can't see how they'd cause any troubles.

Okay but for me it was the first log showing those entries.

I'd post the log but it looks the exact same as the last one.

I assume something went wrong since your log wasn't in your post?!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users