Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Regcure And Registry Cleaner - Are They The Same?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mary L.

Mary L.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:41 PM

Hi!
I know how to turn this computer on, surf the internet, and send emails. I know very little else
about it. I know something has bogged it down, lately; so I want to do something.

I did the free scan and it said I had about 377 errors, then it wanted me to buy the "RegCure" and the "Registry Cleaner". Do I need these, or do I need just one of them. Do I need either one?

Thanks for any information!
Mary

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:27 AM

You don't need either of these. You can clean your registry by running the free online scan by Microsoft.

Windows Live OneCare

Also check out:

Slow Computer Checklist
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:16 AM

Average users should avoid registry cleaning applications like the plague, since without careful review of the files candidated, pressing the "all" button can do serious harm to your operating system and applications that run on top of it.
What free scan did you use?
Do you have a resident anti-virus, and any anti-spyware applications on your computer?

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users