Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

R6025 Pure Virtual Functon Call..?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 1Bart

1Bart

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:11 PM

Hello Pleasant Folk!!

Program:Common Files\Sonic Shared\Sonic Central\Main\Mediahub.exe

Was successful in copying a few Cds but the message would be left on the desktop after the procedure was complete and the Sonic window was closed.

THEN...when I attempted a Back-up(4GIG worth) which places the file on the desktop....it persistently failed to copy the back-up file to the DVD burner. Wasted several DVD-R in attempting to perform the back-up.

I read this...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749...and is WAAAAY out of my league. Tried MS LiveOne free scan to no avail. Thought it might be a registry problem.

Is there a "fix" for this rather unfortunate circumstance.

Is there another program that will burn CD/DVDs for these purposes?

WinXP-Home
CD/DVD +/-RW
Plenty on memory all around
Using Sonic to burn discs...Hmmmmm...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:10 PM

Hi 1Bart,
A great CD/DVD burning program is DeepBurner.
Best part is...it's free!
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 1Bart

1Bart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:50 AM

Very good!!!

Thanks for the replacement!!!!!!

But, is there a way to "fix" the current problem? I would like to attempt to correct Sonic, if possible, prior to using a replacement,

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:09 PM

The error is a coding error in the program. If it's a coding error, then Sonic will have to rewrite it.

I suspect that it's a problem with the Sonic installation and you may be able to "fix" it by completely removing Sonic and then reinstalling it with a freshly downloaded copy.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 1Bart

1Bart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:23 PM

H John...

I kind of thought THAT was where it was going.

It came with the computer and was working fine all the while. (13 months worth).

I suppose I'll have to "re-venture" into the Sonic site and see if they will allow a "free" download....?????

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:37 PM

That's the hardest question that I get at work - "It worked fine for xxx months/years, why'd it go bad now?"

And my answer isn't really adequate (but it's the best that I've got). Basically it's that other, misbehaving programs can corrupt it, viruses can corrupt it, heck - even cosmic rays can corrupt it (from a really boring conversation that I had with a couple of folks about data corruption).

But, basically it comes down to "I don't know" - and it'd take folks with a whole heap of knowledge an awful long time to figure out exactly why. And, I don't think that anyone would be willing to pay for all that just to find out "why".

So that leaves us with the art of troubleshooting, rather than a science. A lot of the fixes that are suggested here are based on our experiences and SWAG's (Scientific Wild-A**ed Guess) of why it happened. As we get more and more experience, our guesses usually become more effective.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 1Bart

1Bart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:55 AM

Hi Again!!!

I think you may have "the" definitive angle on the situation(s). Don't forget the "beta" and gamma" ones too!!

SO...AFTER 3+ hrs with HP allowing them access to my computer.....they wanted to do a DESTRUCTIVE recovery. I figured that I could go with TMacKs DeepBurner particularly if it can copy audio CDs and do the back-up. SO I gracefully refused and gently convinced them to get back to me in a day or so with an "Advanced Teamplayer" who would look over the notes. You really should have seen what was going on when I allowed them to get into my comp. We even went to a forum and did some of their suggestions to no avail. That forums determination was to general opinion that we were being duped into buying a later model.

One way or another...I will keep all posted.

#8 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:28 PM

Just FYI 1Bart,
I completely removed the Sonic program from my computer as it was presenting suspicious activity.(After using it for a year)

Was a bit of a challenge tho,had to uninstall the main Sonic program first then the update manager and any thing else,in Safe Mode.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#9 1Bart

1Bart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:42 AM

Issue settled for now......

I had to call HP back myself and they were juuuust TOO persistent for the destructive recovery.....and then buying one of their back-up external drives......and then for the extended warranty........
As luck would have it, my original call was on the last day of the warranty and it took me 45 minutes to convince them that the ethical thing to do was to resolve my problem now because they were saying that they could no longer help me because NOW...I was out of warranty...Imagine THAT!!!!

SO....we removed the 2 Sonic programs in "Add/Remove programs" (now there are 6 of different names) and then re-installed Sonic DigitalMedia+ and Sonic MyDVD+ thru "Pc Help and Tools"/"Compaq Application Recovery" and, viola, all is working just fine.

Prior to this, when Sonic was opened, the "audio" portion of the interface was missing.

#10 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:29 AM

Good to hear that you this all sorted out 1Bart.
Lets hear it for warranties...sometimes we love to hate 'em!
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#11 forkart

forkart

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:48 AM

Is there another program that will burn CD/DVDs for these purposes?

You can try to burn cd/dvd or burn iso file to cd and dvd using magiciso. It works great.
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-burnwin.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users