Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crysis...can You Wait For It?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Venek

Venek

• Members
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:39 PM

So who else, besides myself, is looking forward to this game? From what I see in videos and screenshots, it looks unreal! Don't suppose any benchmarking has been done on it yet, has it?
UberGeeks of the world...UNITE!

Uh guys? Wanna take your eyes off that screen for a second? Raise the mice? Battle cry?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:22 PM

I'd like to know that too now that Vista is out, the 8800 series can finially be used to full potential. I know that the 8800 gtx is more than enough to handle any game that's out right now, but I'd like to know how it stacks up against a game that was ment to utalize it.

I'd also like to know how ATI is doing with their DX10 GPU, the R600 core or something?

--

I just hope that Crysis is more than just good graphics. Really, I just hope that they learned their lesson with Far Cry and that good graphics doesn't mean you can skimp on story and characters (development and voice acting).

With that said. . . I hope I don't have to upgrade my PC that much to try and play this game. I'm pretty sure that Crysis can run in DX9 (hopefully Microsoft wont or hasn't pushed to make the game DX10 and Vista only).

Hopefully my, Athlon 4000+, 2 gigs DDR ram, and 7800 gt can somewhat handle it. Otherwise, I'd have to spend at least $600 for a conroe e6600, 2 gigs DDR2, and a compatible mobo. Might as well wait to see what happens with ATI and Nvidia before I get a new card, unless I get a 7900 or x1900 or better.

#3 Venek

Venek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 293 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:11 PM

Well, I recently built a new rig that'll obviously handle Crysis without a problem. With an SLi mobo (7600 GTs, natch) 2 gigs DDR2-800 RAM, conroe 2.4 core 2 duo, well...Crysis should run pretty smooth on that. I'm waiting about a year before I upgrade to Vista and DX10 NVIDIA cards. Then the system will blow the games outta the water. Hopefully in a while I'll buy a widescreen SXRD and hook it up to that for some max gaming!

Uh guys? Wanna take your eyes off that screen for a second? Raise the mice? Battle cry?

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:19 PM

lol, we have a 60 inch SXRD2.

I was going to say, I'm not sure if it even has VGA input. I forgot that the 8800 series have HDMI out.

Awsome idea, that'd be awsome to try out.

#5 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:56 PM

gunna need a new processor, mobo, g-fx......
why would they make dx10 on a system where its not very game friendly?
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#6 Venek

Venek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 293 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:20 PM

gunna need a new processor, mobo, g-fx......
why would they make dx10 on a system where its not very game friendly?

In 2 words...to sell. Microsoft knows that gamers like us crave power and absolute top-notch settings for all the eye candy we can coax out of a game, so they make DX10 only available on Vista and not XP. Kind of pisses me off 'cuz I like XP quite a bit and have heard many bad things already about Vista.

Ah, the price we pay for high-end gaming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users