Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Pixels Isn't Reading My Camcorder

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rosescanbeblue

rosescanbeblue

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:31 PM

I am doing an english assignment and it's due tomorrow...

I have a Sony Digital8 Mega Pixel ( DCR-TRV740 ) and I'm trying to upload a previously recorded video on my computer onto the Pixels Software that Sony provided with the Cam. However, even when I plugged in the USB, downloaded everything it said to, It doesn't read the Cam, and says there is no Cam device found. I don't know what else to try. But it also says there is a cable attatched, because it makes a happy beep sound. I have this assignment due tomorrow, and It'd be Verrryy appreciated if someone could tell me what to do or what I'm doing wrong.

I'm getting very angry with Sony programs :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:23 AM

Hi there! Welcome to the forums!!

Hopefully you'll read this post before your project is due in!

I have had similar problems. Think you`ll have to uninstall your software including the USB driver for your camcorder, then re-install the software FIRST then connect the camcorder.

For more info viist: ImageMixer homepage, Q&A.

Below, is an extract from that site....

Cannot install USB driver. USB Unnamed/unavailable message appears
You might have installed the driver incorrectly. You will have to first un-install the USB driver and then re-install it the proper way. The driver has been installed wrongly (by connecting the USB cord to the PC before installing the driver). You would have to go to the device manager, and uninstall the USB driver and then re-install it without the USB cord attached to the PC. To delete the USB driver, go to the device manager, select the 3 drivers (Composite USB Divice, USB Audio Device and USB Device) that were installed incorrectly and delete them. reboot and reinstall the drivers again. More information on how to uninstall the driver, please check your manual that comes with your camera.

Hope that helps!!

P.S Totally agree with you on Sony software - I have a Sony HD-NW5 with SonicStage software is awful!!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users