Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Palm 100

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nita

Nita

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:25 AM

I have an elderly palm organiser. I am about to get a new computer and move from windows 98 to XP. I understand that the palm os is not compatible with XP but I would like to keep my address book on the computer. Is there a way of saving all the palm addresses and phone numbers in another format so that I can still access them on the pc?I have an external hard drive that I could save them on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:32 AM

Here is the version for XP so you are good to go.. :thumbsup:

#3 Nita

Nita
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:18 AM

Thanks Fozzie.I'm sorry I'm not too bright so please would you mind explaining what it is I have to do to save and transfer the files to the new computer

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:22 AM

What you do is after you have installed XP you download the program and install it and you a HOTSync which will give all your adresses again. To be safe you ca also export your current adresses from the desktop and after that import them again

#5 Nita

Nita
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:10 PM

The hotsynch isn't working. I have installed the palm and also a USB serial converter but no luck with the hotsynch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users