Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unpredictable Crashes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tarzan

Tarzan

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:52 AM

Hello

Somebody please help me.

Recently, my computer has been unpredictably crashing.
When it crashes an error message on a blue screen appears but I cannot read it because it reboots its self to quickly.

I have read some information on blue screen errors and it suggests that it is due to a problem with drivers and suggests trying to remove the last program that was installed and re-installing it.

Well I cant remember the last programme that was installed but it wasn't recently.

The only thing I can think of is a recent removal of quarantined viruses.

I have recovered my system from a previous system restore from before the problem was occurring then I noticed that the viruses were still there so again I removed these viruses and again the blue screen problem occurred.

I don't know if this is a coincidence or if it the root of the problem but if it is, then ow do I get rid of the viruses without causing this problem. Is there some piece of software I can run that will check to see what programme or driver is at fault.

If you need a hyjack this file then I can provide but I didn't think it would be useful.

Many thanks and best regards
Tarzan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:55 AM

You can stop your machine from rebooting automatically by:

Right click "My Computer" and choose Properties.
Click on the "Advanced" tab
Click on the "Settings" button listed under "Startup and Recovery"
In the middle of this box under "System failure" there is a check box next to "Automatically restart". Uncheck this box.
Now OK out of "Startup and Recovery" and "System Properties"

Next time it crashes copy the exact error message (with all the numbers) and post it back here.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Tarzan

Tarzan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:22 AM

The strangest thing.

Ever since I posted, the problem has not ocurred.
I expect it soon will do, so please bear with me.

Best Regards

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:24 AM

That is the sheer magic of BC :thumbsup: :flowers:

#5 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:11 PM

Here are several things to try.

http://computercleanup.blogspot.com/

#6 Tarzan

Tarzan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:31 PM

java script:emoticon(':thumbsup:', 'smid_6')
:blink:Oh here we go, its done it again... below is the blue screen message.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows update you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any new installed hardware or software. Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safemode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safemode.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000030, 0x00000006, 0x00000000, 0Xf75d09a0)

*** viamraid.sys –address F75D09A0 base at F75C6000, date stamp 4063e304

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical dump completed
Contact your system administrator or the support for further assistance.

Any Ideas :flowers: :trumpet:

#7 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:50 PM

Try updating the VIA SATA driver, it could be causing the problem

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2&OSID=1

hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for the accurate info about the error message! That makes our job a lot easier.

FWIW - the file that is specified is where the error occurred. That's not necessarily the thing that caused it. In general, if it's not a Windows file, then update the driver. If it is a Windows file, then more troubleshooting is called for (because the error is most likely caused by something else).

For example with a car - the error is that the car doesn't work. The "file" that caused the error is that (for example) the engine stopped running. It could be lack of fuel, lack of oil, lack of cooling, etc that caused the engine to stop. So there's many possible things that could cause the error to happen.

In this case the driver is the most likely cause of the problem - but there's other things that could cause it.

Some direct issues could be bad drives, bad controllers, or a bad mobo.

Some indirect issues could be a bad video card or bad/corrupt memory.

Edited by usasma, 23 February 2007 - 07:59 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users