Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cool n dynamic

Cool n dynamic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:33 PM

i am facing problems with updating my laptop from the microsoft site. i could not able to see the catalog of updates. showing the error msg 8000...something. i downloaded the guided help from the microsoft site and still no use. i sent the report to microsoft and one of his representative assisted me with all available options in the site. despite of trying all, my problem is not solved. i am using my office wireless network containing a strong firewall. even microsoft website has the solution for the corporate network, proxy users, but still my problem is not solved. the interesting funny thing was, i could able to update from the lan connection (instead of wireless) from the same office network long back. also, at some of point of time long back, i could able to see the list of downloads necessary for my laptop, but when i tried installing them, i am getting error msg that the following updates are not installed. the representative of microsoft gave up by saying that could be the problem with ur firewall. i am using NOD32 antivirus right now in my computer, but tried with nortion, trendmicro, panda and kaspersky internet securities before (ofcourse all trial versions except NIS 2007). but still i didnt find solution. rest is woking fine in my laptop with some minor issues for which i got best solutions from this forum.

I came across Dial-a-fix program by djlizard recently for this kind of probelms and also for different other issues. but there are still some minor bugs in that programm which is making me a step-back mind in using that. below are the links for that

http://djlizard.net/2006/10/26/198
http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix_beta
http://DjLizard.net/software/Dial-a-fix-v0.60.0.24.zip

so kindly state me what i can do, or is this the best one to go for solving my problem???

thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:11 AM

Did you follow these ideas?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:15 PM

Which bugs in the DJLizard program are you referring to? I've used it many times and have recommended it quite a lot. I'm unaware of any issues as this program simply re-registers your dll's
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Cool n dynamic

Cool n dynamic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:36 PM

dear zbd, i followed all those instructions, but still no luck!

hi usasma, there are small functional issues they mentioned in wikipedia section and in djlizard.net issues. i dont know about it totally, so i just wanna know whether it is good to use or not? i heard most of the successfull stories as well in the lunarsoft.net forums and now from you, i am ready to download the version and let u guys know, whether i am successfull. thanks for the support guys.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:20 PM

Well, today a guy came into the shop and was having problems with shutting down his system because of Windows Updates. His system would freeze at the shutdown screen and would display a message that it was installing updates.

I ran the DJLizard Dial-A-Fix and sent him on his way a happy camper (especially since I did it for free)!

'nuff said...it's your choice.

Edited by usasma, 20 February 2007 - 08:20 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Cool n dynamic

Cool n dynamic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:06 PM

usasma, it is hard luck for me it seems eventhough i used the dial-a-fix *.24 version. still there is a problem with updating windows. help me out.

Edited by Cool n dynamic, 21 February 2007 - 08:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users