Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When Posting A Message Here At Bleeping ...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:05 PM

Just a wee question please ...

When I placed a post in one thread here a couple minutes ago, I noticed that along the very bottom 'row' on the screen (directly above the task bar) it says , just before my post was added, not bleepingcomputer.com but:

Just wondering what this means:
http://getsavedtoday.com/entry_page.htm#

Must admit I'm a tad confused as I haven't been to a page even similar to that and,in fact, when I used 'Go' on the top row of my Netscape, the drop-down menu showed only my visits to Bleeping today and no other sites at all. (Makes sense as I haven't been anywhere else on the web today). Even tried using 'back' and it simply took me back to the 2 pages I'd been at here at Bleeping and then to my original start/home page.

Still trying to learn more about my computer so I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to explain how this happens, please.

p.s. Just realized when the above 'posted' the odd entry turned out to be a link to what looks to be a website. Now I'm more confused than ever - gentle sigh.

Edited by MaraM, 18 February 2007 - 10:09 PM.

Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:00 AM

I am not sure MaraM but could this be on of the advertisors on this great site? Have you done any recent anti spyware scans?

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:15 AM

Mara, I cannot duplicate your problem.
I am not sure, though, about what you saw and precisely where you saw it---what browser are you using and what thread was the reply to. You may have hovered your cursor, though, on link in a post which would show up at the bottom of your browser.
Thanks,
John

Edit: I checked. The URL you saw, Mara, was actually in CGM's signature (line 3, right under the Psalms quotation). If you hover your cursor over it, that URL appears.
John

Edited by jgweed, 19 February 2007 - 09:50 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 MaraM

MaraM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:19 AM

Aha, mystery solved -thanks so much for the help! :thumbsup:
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users