Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message With New Lg Flatron L-1932 Monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ceinan

Ceinan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:59 PM

Hello everyone. A friend of mine called me a few minutes ago, and she's absolutely clueless about her computer, so I have very little data, but let's see if you can help me anyhow.

She installed last night a brand new LG 19" monitor, model L-1932 on her 5 yr old Gateway.

It worked like a charm, computer was put to bed with no problems.
This morning, she gets a blue screen, stating, "Analog" on the first line, and "Power Saving Mode" on the second line.

She said she went to the store, and got a replacement monitor (Best Buy), same model as above. The clerk told her it could be her Graphics Card.

This 2nd monitor has the same message. In my experience, this has happened to me when the monitor was not properly connected to the tower.

I am about to go there, bringing my laptop, so I can check any responses you heros care to give me. I am going to open it up, and see if the connection got unseated somehow and is loose. At the moment, that's all I can think to do, as I do not have a spare Graphics card I can use to try an repalce hers.

Any other suggestions?
Unfortunately, I do not yet know what model of Gateway rip-off she has, as she told me it does not say anything on the front.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

"The computer barely-knowing gal, leading the computer super-ignorant gal"

Ceinan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:14 AM

By chance did she think to plug the old monitor back in to make sure the graphics card did not fail? I would start by downloading the latest drivers for the current video card. If the old monitor works, install the new current drivers for the video card and then plug in the new LCD monitor.
Lets start there.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:02 AM

In order to determin what the message is on the BSOD (Blue Screen of death) please do the following :

Try disabling the automatically restart on system failure feature. Then you are able to read what messages appear on the blue screen and post that back here for some one to lol at.

Click Start Button

On the Start Menu click Control Panel

When the Control Panel window opens click on the System icon

The system properties window opens

Click the Advanced tab

In the Advanced tab window locate the Start and Recovery section and press the Settings button

When the settings window opens look for the System failure section

Remove the check mark from the Automatically Restart option

Click OK to Exit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users