Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any Ways To Enhance Wireless Connection/speed?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yorocco7

yorocco7

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:06 PM

Sorry me again. I just found this out. Seems a bit odd. I have a HP zt1170 laptop sitting 1 foot away from my old Dell 8100 laptop. I only have 1 wireless card. To access BC's site I have to use my Dell. (b/c of the problem discussed in my other forum post) I noticed that my Dell was connected at a rate from 36kbs-54kbs, but when I put the card in my HP the rate dropped to 5.5kbs-11kbs. I thought that was strange seeing that they are sitting right next to each other. I'm connected thru a D-Link DI 524 router. My card is a Linksys-D. (PC guy told me its the newest avail.) Both laptops have the drivers installed using the same disk that came with the card. I've uninstalled then reinstalled the drives using the disk, on my HP. The driver icon on my taskbar says its a linksys-WPC300N. Is there anyway to tweak the system to increase the connection speed. I don't know if my HP has a hardware issue or a driver issue. It just seems odd that an older unit running the same driver and card would have such a huge advantage in speed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users