Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:04 PM

Hey guys, i plan to build a new computer soon, my first... should i wait to build or get it now?
i plan to use this computer for gaming..
how is this setup?
http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Shoppi...N82E16814130066
i would like recommendations on anything... cases...motherboards...power supplies..moniters..anything else....hard drives...cd drives...vid cards...etc...etc...memory...etc.i also plain to have it in raid 0 configuartion

THanks

by the way...the case (if you recommend any) must be good for upgrading and must be sexy with a side window. along with themobo must also be good for upgrading if you recommended any. the mobo must also allow overclocking easily. i plan to get lights attached and also... can a lower memory speed be used with a higher memory standard on a mobo, for example, can a ddr2 800 be used with a mobo memory standard of 1200?

thanks

i would like to get some fans, i plan to overclock the processors to 3.38 ghz .... any recoomendation on the fan would be nice...plan to overclock the video card..maybe the momory...

is this motherboard good along with this memory?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820145043
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813188009

Edited by EddieT.H., 18 February 2007 - 04:12 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:15 PM

you dont have a cpu listed on that list as far as i could tell.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#3 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:51 PM

odd, when i was checking stuff off i remeber putting in the intel allendale e4300
Posted Image

#4 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:03 PM

Anyone Have any reccomendations?
Posted Image

#5 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:02 PM

Which motherboard and what memory are you planning to get?

Personally I'd go with a GeForce 8800GTS 320MB. You could get it for $15 buck more.

For a overclocking cooler look for the Tuniq Tower 120.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#6 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:04 AM

i guess i plan to get the bottom one under my first post.. the tunique tower looks funky!
But is the case i have already good?

Edited by EddieT.H., 21 February 2007 - 12:05 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users