Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With Troj/vixup-ca

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kawaman

kawaman

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:54 AM

:thumbsup: Im using spy sweeper but it can't get this troj/vixup-ca off.please help

Edited by kawaman, 18 February 2007 - 10:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,901 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:37 PM

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan? Have you tried doing your scans in "SAFE MODE"?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 kawaman

kawaman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:03 PM

Im useing windows xp pro.spysweeper with antivirus.updated just this morning and yes I scanned in safe mode as well this is the only infection of meany that will not come off.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,901 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2007 - 05:25 PM

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware Free for Home Users
  • DrWeb-CureIt[/url] & save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.

Reboot your computer in SAFE MODE" using the F8 method.

Scan with DrWeb-CureIt as follows:[list]
  • Double-click on drweb-cureit.exe to start the program. An "Express Scan of your PC" notice will appear.
  • Under "Start the Express Scan Now", Click "OK" to start. This is a short scan that will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the Yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it.
  • Once the short scan has finished, Click Options > Change settings
  • Choose the "Scan tab" and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis"
  • Back at the main window, click "Select drives" (a red dot will show which drives have been chosen)
  • Then click the "Start/Stop Scanning" button (green arrow on the right) and the scan will start.
  • When done, a message will be displayed at the bottom advising if any viruses were found.
  • Click "Yes to all" if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, look if you can see the icon next to the files found. If so, click it, then click the next icon right below and select "Move incurable".
    (This will move it to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if it can't be cured)
  • Next, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.

#5 kawaman

kawaman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:09 PM

ok I did what you sudjested .Superantispyware found 92 infections that were all trojans :thumbsup: .but it also got all of them off .Drweb-cureit found 57 more infections and removed all of them.so now spysweeper ,superantispyware and Drweb-cureit shows nothing on the computer ,But everytime I restart it something trys to setup a fax on the thing.I have to cancel it out three times before it stops .Any ideas on what is doing this?

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,901 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:40 PM

Can you be more specific? Exactly what is going on when you restart?

#7 kawaman

kawaman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:45 PM

windows logon asks for password then superantispyware starts next zonealarm firewall next webroot spy sweeper starts but as it does windows trys to configure fax .since it is not installed and there is no disk to let it continue it doesn't finish but when I cancel it it will try two more times to configue fax.I just wondering if there is something left behind from all the trojans and other viruses that were deleted .

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,901 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:12 PM

What you are describing could be the result of a registry problem. Windows is probably looking for the path to fax.msi and cannot find it. Have you used any registry cleaners?

I have also read that it could be the result of HP software installation and/or failure. Are you using HP software? If so, you could download and run their All-in-One Software Removal Utility.

If that resolves the problem, then reinstall your software.

#9 kawaman

kawaman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:33 PM

ok I just want to thank you quietman7 for all your help trying to fix this computer.my dad doesn't but I do vary much thank you .Let me explane. This computer is my dads.When he got this computer I told him to put antivirus and firewall software on it .But he ignored me totally.I bought and installed webroot spysewwper ,regcure,avast,and zonealarm to clean up and protect him from this crap happining again.He just called me and wanted his computer back .he told me he could have it fixed faster someware else (accualy paying someone to do it )I bet I spent 10 hrs on it installing and scaning for crap for him for free.so Im now going to give this computer back to him so he can do what ever he wishes with it .I do not need agravation from him about this .Im vary sorry about venting here on this site .please delete this thred for I now feel a lot better.and thank you again for all your help. curt

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,901 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:03 PM

I understand kawaman and your quite welcome. It was thoughtful of you to help your father and I'm sorry to hear that he doesn't seem to appreciate that. We always hear complaints how the younger generation wants immediate gratification but sometimes the elder folks don't practice what they preach. Your time wasn't wasted as I'm sure you learned a few things in the process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users