Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Older Version Of Msn Messenger

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 suzeybq

suzeybq

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 18 February 2007 - 01:39 AM

Help... I have finally gotten my daughter online, but her computer is running win 2000. What version of msn messenger would run with this??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:21 AM

You can look here, but I would think there's no guarantee old versions will work because msn probably changes their protocols for connecting, etc., with newer versions.

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=msnm

#3 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

See if you can convince your daughter to upgrade to Windows XP Home just so she can keep up to date with the rest of the world :thumbsup: . As you know Microsoft have stopped support for Windows 2k and below.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#4 suzeybq

suzeybq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:39 PM

Her computer system can't support XP, other wise I would have already installed it.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:43 PM

While I was looking at your issue ,Icame across MSN Web Messenger. Not sure if it'll work for you and I never tried it,but you can get a look here.
What is the difference between Web Messenger and Messenger?
MSN Messenger is a fully featured instant messaging program that you install on your own computer or one you have permission to install on. MSN Web Messenger enables you to quickly and easily use basic instant messaging features on a web browser on any computer without installing any software

http://webmessenger.msn.com/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

Shouldn't be any reason Win2k can't run the recent copy of MSN Msgr.
I doubt you'd even have to have the latest updates for 2k for it to install properly.
Posted Image

#7 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:59 PM

Shouldn't be any reason Win2k can't run the recent copy of MSN Msgr.
I doubt you'd even have to have the latest updates for 2k for it to install properly.

I would have to agree. Would you mind listing the specs on your daughter's computer (processor, RAM, Available hard drive space)?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#8 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:57 PM

I could be wrong here but I thought version 7 was the last compatable for Win2K. Version 8 only runs on XP and Vista, according to MS.

#9 Jombee

Jombee

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:00 PM

trillian runs fine on older systems and will connect to almost any IM network

Edited by Jombee, 21 March 2007 - 01:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users