Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Get Into Safe Mode Now ><

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 this is not me

this is not me

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:14 PM

now I am getting this "please choose your boot device " (1: CD rom 2: HDD 3: FDD 4: you name it) instead of a list with safe mode when I press F8 at start up.

now what ? >< how am I suppose to get into safe mode now ?

thank you very much

add: I am using winxp sp2 on a asus mb

Edited by this is not me, 17 February 2007 - 11:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:48 AM

Most likely you're pressing F8 too soon and you're getting the boot device selector for the BIOS.

Try pressing F8 the moment that the first Windows screen starts to show - this usually works (although the timing is a bit tricky).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 ambellina

ambellina

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:43 AM

look under the XP tab at: http://www.schrockinnovations.com/safemode.php

maybe that will help? if it does, be sure to undo what you did through msconfig so that you can get back to normal mode.

#4 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:09 AM

now I am getting this "please choose your boot device " (1: CD rom 2: HDD 3: FDD 4: you name it) instead of a list with safe mode when I press F8 at start up.

now what ? >< how am I suppose to get into safe mode now ?

thank you very much

add: I am using winxp sp2 on a asus mb

That's what would happen to me, when I got lucky enough to press F8 at the right time. When it comes up, as long as you can highlight the drive you want quickly enough, then even faster press Esc +F8, that should get you into safe mode. It worked for me. But now I don't even have to fool with that. I use BootSafe.

http://www.superadblocker.com/bootsafe.html

If you try it, just be sure to use BootSafe again to boot back into Normal Mode, and not from your Start Menu.

Edited by mommabear, 18 February 2007 - 11:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users