Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Luck Installing Windows

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SilverDogg

SilverDogg

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:00 PM

so, i decided to format my hdd and reinstall windows on it. problems started instantly. first the the cd refused to be read properly (the disk is fine, the reader is fine).but i managed to get it installed after quite some time anyway.

then, another problem started, which ive NEVER seen before. apparantly theres some acpi-problems. but not always. i rebooted a couple of times and that was gone, and i was in windows and started installing various drivrs and stuff. after some installing i rebooted the computer again, and now, all i get is a black screen with a blinking thingi in the top left corner. wont start. reboot again, and i get a window telling me i can choose from different settings. choose one, and i get to the black screen with blinking thingi again.

gaah! so, i decided id just reformat and install again, put in the cd, and now it wont be read. grr! turn of the computer, go away for a while, and then try again. manage to get the cd to read. for a while anyway. it starts reading w/e its reading, and then it goes to the black screen again. and thats where i am right now. stuck.

so, what can i do to format the hdd and reinstall? i tried pressing f8 or f5 to get to dos, but nothing works ;_;.

please, does anyone have any help for me? im getting really depressed here =((

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:31 PM

What are your system hardware specifications?
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:55 PM

Could it be that the hard drive is going bad?

-Steve
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#4 SilverDogg

SilverDogg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:39 PM

motherboard: p4v800d-x
cpu: 2.8ghz. intel, cant tell more about it since i cant get the info (or can i get it in the bios?)
graphics: 6600gt 128mb
hdd1: 120gb, some maxtor
hdd2: 320gb, not exactly sure, but i think its some seagate

is there anything else you need to know?

and i dont think that the hdd is going bad, but i cant be sure =/. i really hope it isnt, but i guess i should be looking towards maybe getting a new one again =(.

edit: btw, is there any way i can install that damn acpi-support without having windows installed? it keeps popping up every now and then and wont stop bugging me. and like i said, ive never seen it before =(.

trying to install windows with another cd right now though, and so far so good.

edit2: could it perhaps be the motherboard that is screwing with me and not the hdd? (considering its the bios thats being stupid)
im gonna try to get all the files from my second hdd tomorrow, and then try to install windows to that one instead. could possibly work =/

Edited by SilverDogg, 17 February 2007 - 06:24 PM.

#5 SilverDogg

SilverDogg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:05 AM

well, i dont know how, but i managed to get it to work again O_O

what i did was take my second hdd (with files i wanted to save) and put it in another computer. this computer wouldnt recognize the hdd first, but we made it scandisk it. or so we thought, it just rebooted the comp and no more. so i took it back to my computer and started it all up, and now the scandisk started, and fixed a couple of things. after this the windowsinstallation continued, and has worked since o_o.

very weird. very weird indeed. hopefully i wont have any problems with it from now on.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:36 PM

Weird behavior with files generally indicates a problem. One of those problems can be a virus infection - I'd suggest scanning the drive with an updated virus scanner to be sure it's clean.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users