Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Locating Audio Driver..please Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kstone77

kstone77

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:45 AM

Hi Everyone.

I've just re-installed windows and lost all the drivers. I'm having a problem locating the correct driver for an VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller. I've been to the VIA site but I'm still confused as to which driver to download. Could somebody please help me to select the right one as I really don't know what I'm doing.

I'm running XP Professional (32) sp1 and the audio controller is integrated with the motherboard.

Many thanx.

Kris (kstone77)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:19 AM

Hi Kris.
There are different drivers for different via chipsets.
It's always best to get these from either the motherboard or system manufacturer.
If you bought this system pre-built by a major manufacturer, go to the manufacturers website or post make and model here.
If it's a "no-name", like you see in some mom and pop shops, post make and model of motherboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users