Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trend Micro Internet Security

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Double J

Double J

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:53 AM

Is anyone one having problems with Trend micro and Win XP slowing down PC and poping up errors? :thumbsup:

Edited by Double J, 17 February 2007 - 10:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:06 AM

Posted Image Double J. What kind of errors do you see popping up? That is most of the time not a good sign. What kind of other security software do you have installed on your pc?

#3 reynald

reynald

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:53 PM

I use Trend Micro and I've recently been having problems in which I suspect it may be involved. Specifically, sluggish response in Internet Explorer, and problems using FTP (slow response, errors & timeouts).

#4 Double J

Double J
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:17 AM

Thru Goggle I have seen that PCSCNSRV.exe in the Trend Micro internet security 2007 is the culprit. Went into processes and it is always using 60 to 80 Meg of Ram and almost pegging out the processor. They say there is suppose to be a fix but I'm still running slow with it. Had to totally uninstall Firewall since it couldn't decide which one it wanted to use?

Edited by Double J, 25 February 2007 - 09:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users