Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Wont Install

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lastexile

lastexile

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:31 PM

Hi, been using this site for my computer problems for a year now and have found every solution i needed to fix my problem, so keep up the great work.

But alas i have come to a problemthat i could find or i didnt try hard enough to find it.

Some how awhile back I notice that my old printer disappeared in the control panel page of printer and fax but shows up in all the programs (word, excel, IE, etc) when i go to file and print, it allows me to print and it also allows to go properties. So i neverminded but seemed strange. the printer was also a old printer that uses the parallel port located on LPT 1.

Recently my friend gave me his old all in one printer, which is a ubs printer. when i went through all the steps to install it. It pops a message from the auto detect that it cant install the printer because a error ocurred. when i use the software to install the drivers similar message pops up.
And i just noticed after trying to install the printer, when i go to control panel>printer and fax page to select "install printer" under printers task, when i click on it nothing happens, no install pops up, no error message, just nothing.

Btw im using windows XP pro

I dont expect much but any infomation is helpful

thanks

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 16 February 2007 - 10:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:40 AM

I never really do much with printers, but one thing that most always fixes my problems is to uninstall the drivers (all the printer drivers you installed) and reinstall them. I think that maybe your old printer drivers and new printer drivers might be conflicting.

To uninstall drivers, one way is to right click on my computer and go to properties. Go to hardware and device manager. Find the device, right click on it and push uninstall. Then you can go to control panel and detect new hardware.

If you do this, make sure you have the drivers handy for reinstallation and that you have the right drivers. Maybe make a restore point before you do this?

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:09 AM

With my USB printer I have to instal the drivers first then turn on the printer. Try going to the manufractuers web site and down load the help file/install manual for the printer.
MCP
MSDST

#4 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:13 AM

Good luck. Also, post the name and model of your printer here to help others with this problem if anyone else ever has it. And tell us how it turns out for you.

Yippee! 150th post. Now I have THREE little computers. Bwahaha.

Edited by nforce, 17 February 2007 - 01:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users