Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is A Dmz ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RELOADED

RELOADED

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:55 PM

any one hear about DMZ :flowers: , i really want to know what is the mean of DMZ in the router and how does it work ?

thx in advanced :thumbsup:

Edited by Zivinomir, 16 February 2007 - 07:56 PM.

No goal is worthy of our time and effort if all we are going to get out of it is an end result.
If I have been helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours, please shoot me a PM. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:59 PM

here you go

#3 RELOADED

RELOADED
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:06 PM

here you go

i hope that i could understand it :flowers: rich and ambiguous info. for me :trumpet:

thx fozzie for your time and for the reply :thumbsup:

Edited by Zivinomir, 16 February 2007 - 08:06 PM.

No goal is worthy of our time and effort if all we are going to get out of it is an end result.
If I have been helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours, please shoot me a PM. Thanks.

#4 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:43 AM

DMZ = Demilitarized Zone

You should have it on at all times. To my understanding, if you have this off, any computer can pretty easily see yours and hack it easier. You should only turn this off for short periods of time to fix certain network issues as a last resort.

#5 RELOADED

RELOADED
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

DMZ = Demilitarized Zone

You should have it on at all times. To my understanding, if you have this off, any computer can pretty easily see yours and hack it easier. You should only turn this off for short periods of time to fix certain network issues as a last resort.

thank you nforce for the advice and for the information :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users