Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rpg World Online Client

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 van_helsing

van_helsing

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:46 PM

Hello there.

I'm having more pc troubles :flowers:

My pc is ridiculously slow.
Then i found this program called "RPG World Online Client", which i did not install on my pc.
It's 6 GB and i think it's increasing
Tried to delete it, but the folder in which it's installed can no longer be found.
(Local Configuration\temp\rar.55\client\)
I'm pretty sure that's what is causing my pc to be slow, but im not certain

Spywared Doctor, AVG Antivirus Free, SuperAntiSpyware and Spybot S&D couldnīt find anything.

I really don't know what it is, but im fearoing it might record passwords and credit cards info.

So please tell me what info could help to figure out what's going on.

Thank you for your time, and please forgive my lack of computer knowledge :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:39 PM

Install Ccleaner and let it do a thorough cleaning of your temporary files, logs, and cookies. Use the default settings and none of the Advanced settings or the Issues button.
http://www.ccleaner.com/
Run an online scan with Bit Defender
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

look thru the links on this Google page and see if anything looks familiar
http://www.google.com/search?lr=&ie=UT...Online%20Client

Edited by buddy215, 16 February 2007 - 07:02 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 van_helsing

van_helsing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

Hey

While CCleaner erased a lot of useless stuff, there was no significant change

BitDefender did not find anything either

Checked the Google, but i do not play online videogames of any kind, let alone role playing games

There is an update though:
Downloaded the latest AVG Free Ed update and found something.
The file is shell32.dll, located on C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll
Under "Result/Infection" it says "Change", but it does not fix the file, as when i run AVG it finds it again.

Help please?

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:33 PM

List what security programs you have. List them by free, paid, and whether they are in your startup.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 van_helsing

van_helsing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:43 PM

AVG Free Edition (Startup)
Zone Alarm (Startup)
Spyware Doctor Free (Startup)
Spybot SD (Startup)

SuperAntiSpyware
AVG Spyware (Free, but has not expired yet)
Windows Defender
Ad-Aware SE Personal

Used to have McAfee Suite, but had a virus that made my license expire early (by 6 months), and deleted it after someone here advised me to.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:03 PM

That scan report item from AVG occurs because AVG reports file changes as info only. There is a way to reset that and I haven't found it. Maybe someone else will help out. In the meantime, stop Spyware Doctor from starting at startup and running in the background and see if that doesn't speed things up.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:18 PM

Last month you thought you had malware as reported by Spyware Doctor. I think it would be a good idea to post a Hijack This log in the appropriate forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

#8 van_helsing

van_helsing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:31 PM

Ok, thanks

I already saved the scan log, but im not sure what kind of infection i have, and it says on the instructions for the forum that i should state what is the type of infection.

What should i type there?

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:44 PM

Unknown
In your profile it says your local time is 2 hours ahead of me. I am in CST like most of Mexico. No big thing, just curious.

#10 van_helsing

van_helsing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:50 PM

Ok, would you mind checking if i posted it correctly?

Also, yes, im from Mexico
And i saw my logfile includes the spanish version of Windows files, i hope there is not muth trouble for the mods :thumbsup:

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:16 PM

Looks good. Wait for the Hijack team member to respond. If you post in that topic before they respond you might lose your place in line. If there is any malware they will find it. Good luck to you.

#12 van_helsing

van_helsing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:21 PM

Waaah? My hijack log was deleted and never answered!

What happened?

My pc is still screwy...

#13 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:38 PM

Here it is http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81722/possible-virus-or-malware/

#14 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:38 PM

Your Hijack This log is here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81722/possible-virus-or-malware/

#15 van_helsing

van_helsing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:40 PM

Oh, thank you. For some odd reason, i couldn't find it a while ago.

Well, it has been 5 days i think

What do i do now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users