What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans? Have your tried doing your scans in "SAFE MODE
& save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.Reboot your computer in SAFE MODE
" using the F8
method.Scan with DrWeb-CureIt
- Double-click on drweb-cureit.exe to start the program. An "Express Scan of your PC" notice will appear.
- Under "Start the Express Scan Now", Click "OK" to start. This is a short scan that will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the Yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it.
- Once the short scan has finished, Click Options > Change settings
- Choose the "Scan tab" and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis"
- Back at the main window, click "Select drives" (a red dot will show which drives have been chosen)
- Then click the "Start/Stop Scanning" button (green arrow on the right) and the scan will start.
- When done, a message will be displayed at the bottom advising if any viruses were found.
- Click "Yes to all" if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
- When the scan has finished, look if you can see the icon next to the files found. If so, click it, then click the next icon right below and select "Move incurable".
(This will move it to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if it can't be cured)
- Next, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list.
- Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
- Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
- Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
Then perform these online Virus scans:[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]Trend Micro Housecall
<- Use "Autoclean" and manually delete what it can't clean
<- Accept default settings
. (does not remove adware/spyware but will autoclean for viruses & worms...and scan for rootkits