You "may" be able to fix this error by:
1) Booting to a Preinstall Environment (with a Bart PE disk) DO NOT let it load the registry hives!
2) Rename the registry hive files in the %systemroot%\Windows\system32\config directory (I just add .BAK to each)
3) Navigate to System Volume Information, locate the restore points and drill down to the SNAPSHOT sub-directory.
4) Copy the Local Machine registry hive files from there to the %systemroot%\Windows\system32\config directory
5) Rename the copied files to the names of the files that were originally there (SAM, software, system, etc).
6) Try to reboot into Windows. If it doesn't work, go back and try it with another restore point.
7) Restoring the original files that you renamed will return the system to the state it was in before you started this.
It works often enough to try it - but not often enough to consider it to be a fix for everything.
Edited by usasma, 17 February 2007 - 08:25 AM.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.