Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Irn.exe Error

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mistaken

mistaken

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:35 AM

Hello, I got this error multiple of times:

"Windows cannot find 'irn.exe'.Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click Search."

I hav scan Ad-ware, spybot and Mc Stinger 2.6, my Antivirus etc.. . Nothin.

What should I do? Post a Hijack This log?

Hijack This log: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81629/irnexe-error/

Edited by mistaken, 16 February 2007 - 06:56 AM.

Seems that this forum is interesting

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:40 AM

Now you have posted a HJT log you should not make any changes to your system in terms of (un)installing applications and so forth until you have received "a clean bill of of health "

Edited by fozzie, 16 February 2007 - 07:46 AM.

#3 mistaken

mistaken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:14 AM

I hav just make a scan of Housecall online Antivirus. It clean up something like a toolbar infection.
Did this change somethin in the Hi-jack This log?

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:20 AM

It probably did. When you get a reply to your HJT Log just let them know what you did. They'll probably ask you to post an updated Log. But don't reply to your own HJT post until someone answers it.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 mistaken

mistaken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

Hello, I hav not received any help for "my Problem" and from my "HijackThis Log". I am having more and more problems!!!!

- I am having "popmgr.exe" wants internet access and "sansv.exe" etc.. . more and more problems!!! - I hav just found that this can be INFECTION. (I had said in my post that my computer seems to be acting weird!)

It has been 5 days - since I posted my problems.

The HijackThis Log may hav changed since more and more strange problems had happened.

Recently I had got a problem - "W32/Sdbot.worm!ftp virus" (My problem was solved thanx to the helpers)
I think it was an infection got via "Remote access", but my current problem I think was again got by some "Remote access".
I think that Sygate did not prevent this infection but my "XP Firewall" would prevent these Infections via Remote access.
But I was told that the XP Firewall should be disabled since Sygate is on.

Edited by mistaken, 21 February 2007 - 11:22 AM.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:15 AM

Hello mistaken:

As you have not had a response in five days to your HJT topic, please add a response to the five days no response topic and paste in the link to your HJT thread. Simply write something like: I posted my log on Feb. ____, 2007 and haven't had a reply. Here is the link to my log: _____________. When the HJT helper answers, generally he/she will ask for a fresh log given the length of time that has gone by.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 whintersby

whintersby

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:28 AM

Information on all the files you listed:

IRN.EXE
http://spywarefiles.prevx.com/spywarefiles...FXC=DCIG9864679

POPMGR.EXE
http://spywarefiles.prevx.com/RRAJAH469390...gr%252Eexe.html

SANSV.EXE
http://spywarefiles.prevx.com/RRDFID356160...sv%252Eexe.html

I would seriously consider downloading Prevx1 and see if it can remove all these infections for you. This is a pay-for program, but offers a fully functional free trial which will remove any infections it finds free of charge for at least 30 days. If you don't with to keep it after cleanup you can simply uninstall it.

#8 mistaken

mistaken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:49 AM

I taken some time to Reply back to the "Help" from my "HijackThis Log", but now it has been 2 days since I replied that I did not get an answer back again. What should I do?

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:15 PM

Please be patient. You posted a lot of information for your helper to go through less than 48 hours ago. He/she needs to study and analyze it, likely consult with some other folks, and create a fix. You'll likely get a response in another day or so.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#10 mistaken

mistaken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:08 PM

Thanx, I will wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users