Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual Core

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ^Death^

^Death^

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 02:14 AM

I would like to know if these parts work together. I want to build a dual core pc preferably amd based.Most likely i plan 2 use it for web browsing, media files and with xbox 360 :thumbsup: if any one has any better sugestions plz comment. :flowers:

THe list

p.s. the cheaper, the better

"It will cost you sweat and tears, and perhaps...a little blood."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:29 AM

I just looked over em real quick, looked ok to me. But you have to take into the price other things too, like power supply, case, the works. Those don't come real cheap either. Then there's software, speakers, mouse + keyboard. . .All of a sudden your cheap pc is pretty expensive!

Good luck!

Posted Image

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:28 AM

I agree with T don't forget to factor in other equipment.

The only thing I noticed is that the hardrive is IDE. Since you only have one IDE channel that will be used for the DVD drive you will have to put your hardrive in a SATA channel.

#4 ^Death^

^Death^
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:01 AM

Im sry i forgot 2 mention i already have a case, 450w psu wireless mouse nd keyboard as for the os i think i was ripped-off..it came with a cetificate of authenticty nd a vaslid key but so all attempts 2 install it on my other pc failed 2 work
"It will cost you sweat and tears, and perhaps...a little blood."

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:02 AM

I agree with T don't forget to factor in other equipment.

The only thing I noticed is that the hardrive is IDE. Since you only have one IDE channel that will be used for the DVD drive you will have to put your hardrive in a SATA channel.

I agree with Klindaroo, not only will it free up the IDE for the optical unit, the SATA drive is faster. If you ever decide to add another SATA hdd you won't have to configure them as master and slave as you do with ATA hdds.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users