Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Best And Easiest Spam Filter?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gnixon72

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:42 PM

I am in need of a good, simple pop spam filter.

Here is the catch: This would be for a recently widowed person who does not know much about her computer(her husband took care of that stuff).

Ideally I would recommend going to Thunderbird and training her email box, but what I need is something that would filter most spam out on its own that can plug into outlook express or outlook.

I know there is no single silver bullet that would get rid of all the spam, but I'd like to be able to cut most of it out.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:21 AM

There are a few in the freeware section of this forum. Check my sig.
If not to your liking try thisone

#3 jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:23 PM

The best place to catch Spam is before it even downloads into your computer. Most E-mail providers have Spam blockers (or their servers would be inundated); many of these Spam blockers allow the user to identify E-mail that gets through the automatic blocker as Spam.
Check your provider's website for additional Spam information and the user services it provides.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users