Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Panda Scan Results

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie Ness

Aussie Ness

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:35 PM

Hi all
Following the "Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log", I have the results to a Panda Online Scan but can't afford to pay to have them removed. Does anyone know of any way I can find these Cookies on my system and manually delete them? Now that I know they are there it is bugging me. Ad-aware SE, Spybot and Windows Defender (my usual scans) haven't picked up on them.

(Tried to paste the results here but not coming across 'cleanly' - I know nothing about Notepad!)
Ness

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:10 PM

You delete cookies through your browser.
Internet Explorer:

Open Internet Explorer.
In the Toolbar, at the top, click Tools.
Select Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Click on Delete Cookies...
Click OK.

Firefox:

(Pre version 2.0)
Click Tools.
Select Options....
Click the Privacy icon.
Click the Cookies tab.
Click the Clear Cookies Now button.
Click the OK button.

(version 2.0)
Click Tools.
Select Options....
Click the Privacy icon.
Under Cookies, click the Show Cookies... button.
Click the Remove All Cookies button.
Click the Close button.
Click the OK button.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:27 PM

I like to use CCleaner, it will clean all your cookies and other internet build up. All you do is click on the Analyze button, wait for it to complete and then hit the Clean button and it does it all for you.

http://majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_Slim_No_Yah...lish_d4191.html

#4 Aussie Ness

Aussie Ness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:38 PM

Thanks for your replies.
I regularly use CCleaner and delete the cookies in Firefox. I just assumed these cookies were being missed somehow and only the Panda Online Scan caught them. I'll just ignore the results of the scan. (Hard when you're slightly obsessive compulsive!)
Thanks again. :thumbsup:
Ness

#5 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:57 PM

I like to use the bitdefender.com online scan. Have you ever tried it? It has helped me find problems when other scans couldn't , several times. It fixes most, but will tell you if it cannot. Just write down the name and file and you can research it further.

#6 Aussie Ness

Aussie Ness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for your thoughts Crizz44. I used the online bit defender scan (as per the advice in the "Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log" before and after the Panda Scan. I understand that different scans pick up different cookies. I have since downloaded Spyware Guard and should try several different scans including Ad-Aware and Spybot to see how it's performing.
If I remember correctly, the BitDefender and Housecall scan was able to eliminate everything it found. It was just the Panda Scan results I couldn't do anything about unless I paid. (Am not employed, rather I'm a home executive at the moment!)
Thanks again. :thumbsup:
Ness

#7 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:58 AM

Can you post the Panda results?

#8 Aussie Ness

Aussie Ness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:58 PM

Hi fozzie
Is that just a case of copying and pasting into here? I think I may have tried to paste it into Word and it didn't work. I manually wrote the names down and think have since discarded it. Maybe I should do another scan and try it?
Thanks for your input.
Ness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users