Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Internet Signal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 curious74432

curious74432

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

:flowers: I have wireless internet and it used to work great. For the past week or so I have been getting LOW, VERY LOW and NO SIGNAL. I am not very technical and wondered if there is something easy I can do to correct the problem? :thumbsup: THanks for any information/advice.

Moved from the "XP Forum". ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 15 February 2007 - 09:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:45 AM

If you have a standard linksys/dlink router, you can connect to it using the internet explorer. Just type in the address field "Http://192.168.1.1" (that is if your on a typical network address). Then go to your wireless settings and try setting the "Channel" to 1 instead of 6. This might help your problem. If not you could always try going to a computer store, and buy a more powerful antenna for either your router, or computer itself.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 drymobius

drymobius

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:21 AM

Dear Curious,
Please read the discussion on my recent post, descibing a similar problem:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81399/wireless-signal-54-36-1-54-2-mbps/

Also, look into updating the drivers for your internal wireless network card. There is a good tutorial on this website describing how to do this.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/

Lastly, if your wireless router is a Linksys, their 24/7 telephone support is outstanding. The technicians will help you get your computer back to its once usable and fast state. They may help you with updating the router's firmware, or setting optimum values on the router's setup page.
drymobius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users