Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla Firefox Recommendations

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:11 PM

I was having a look at the latest downloads on Techspot earlier and found these two.

Has anyone used Firetune 1.1.4 to tune up their Firefox v2, what exactly does it do, and would you recommend it?.

At the same time I saw there was a download available for Mozilla Firefox (Gran Paradiso) 3.0 Alpha 2. Has anyone installed this yet and is it working ok or should I stick with v2 for the moment and wait for the final version.
Thanks in advance for any input,
bluesjunior.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:19 PM

Haven't used Firetune myself, looking over Mozillazine it seems to have mixed reactions.
http://www.google.com/custom?cx=0032583250...nnel=1865727845

You can use 3.0 if you like, but keep in mind it's in early pre-release stage (Alpha) so it's bound to have bugs and unaddressed issues. If you feel adventurous and you want to test drive alpha software, go for it. If you want a stable browser stick with 2.0
Posted Image

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:38 PM

For speeding up Firefox, you can try Pipelining

If you don't have all of the entries shown, don't worry about it.
Just change the settings you have available.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:55 AM

At the same time I saw there was a download available for Mozilla Firefox (Gran Paradiso) 3.0 Alpha 2. Has anyone installed this yet and is it working ok or should I stick with v2 for the moment and wait for the final version.

I installed it on my computer awhile back to see & none of my add ons worked with it & it was prone to crashing. Tried it on a second pc as well with fewer problems, but I decided to wait for the final. If you have a second pc, try it & see what you think.

Read here first:

Gran Paradiso Release Notes

Screenshots here:

Gran Paradiso Screenshots

#5 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:31 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users