Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rouge Antispware (spyaxe Errosafe Etc)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cubic

cubic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:47 AM

you most likely have heard of these programs that sneaks into your computers and starts to warn you about critical system errors and that you should install their software. antivermins, spyaxe errorsafe etc.

i have read that they can be installed trough activex components, codecs etc.
But why is it that so rarely antivirus software will remove these viruses?

I have heard from many that its not really a virus and therefor it wont be removed by antivirus providors but is that really true?

Im not sure if this has been discussed here earlier, tried to search but didnt come up with anything so i thought id add a new topic.

hope anyone can clarify these things for me.

Also if anyone have any good articles i can read about these types of programs to understand how they work and get in the system i would appriciate it.

Thank you

//cubic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:46 AM

Here is a website which gives you some sort of explanation about what Rogue spyware programs do and how. Please note this list constantly changes

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,850 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:35 PM

Another article here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;hl=Foistware

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 cubic

cubic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:27 AM

thank you for the information.
I will read trough them right now =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic