Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Assigning Sound Cards To Computer Jacks?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mojinko

Mojinko

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:11 AM

Alright, pretty sure this is the right forum to post this one in..

I have a computer that has jacks in the front of it next to its usb jacks for headphones and a microphone.
I have two sound cards, and it seems that it only wants to let me use the primary crappy one with those jacks, but I want to use the front ones for my better soundcard for a bit more mobility for my cords.

So, the question here is, how can I make the front jacks on my computer be assigned to my better sound card?
I went through the sound/audio option, and everything including primary decice is set to my better card, but for some reason it still feels the need to use my crappy card as a default here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:34 AM

Am I correct to say that the primary sound card is a built-on sound card and the second one is an Add-on card?

See the thing is those front jacks are connected to your motherboard thus connected to the on-board sound card.

What is the make and model of your mother board and second sound card so we can better help you?

#3 Mojinko

Mojinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:17 AM

You would be correct in saying that, but I am trying to get the add on to go with the jacks.. hmm
I dont know how to get the info on my motherboard.. is there a way to do that without opening my computer up?

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:24 AM

Run Everest Home Edition.

I asked the same questions a few months, about a year ago and I was told that you can't, unless you disconnect the cables from the motherboard and connect them to the sound card, but the add-on sound cards don't normally have the headers for it.

I could be mistaken, can someone confirm this?

#5 Mojinko

Mojinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:33 AM

Motherboard ID 63-0100-000001-00101111-072204-iSPGDL_G$EV915001_BIOS DATE: 07/22/04 17:17:29 VER: 08.00.10

Motherboard Name Intel Augsburg D915GAG

I guess that is the info you needed for the motherboard, if indeed changing this is even possible.

#6 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:47 AM

Yeah, this would be a pretty complex + risky operation. If you didn't have the headers on the soundcard, you would have to solder? =/ Not fun unless you know what you are doing.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users