Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opening Windows Live Messenger Causes Mysterious Error Message

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bullkelper

bullkelper

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:34 AM

msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point CreateInfoWindow could not be located in the dynamic link library MSOERT.dll.

Anyone have a clue what this means? It appeared out of no where a few days ago. I googled it, searched for it on a few different Microsoft search engines and pretty much came up blank. I found this link which looks suspicious (personally my suspicion borders on paranoia as far as computers go. My kids insist on having it though). http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/msnmsgr.exe.html

You know what bugs me the most about error messages? There's no way to copy and past the stupid things into a search engine. You have to manually type the stupid thing in, assumimg it lets you do anything when its on the screen in which case you have to write the damn thing down first and then type it in. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:37 AM

You can do the following :

START RUN type evntvwr and look for red crosses. You can post them overhere.We take it from there

#3 bullkelper

bullkelper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:55 AM

Windows cannot find evntvwr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users