Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just Put In A New Psu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PirateCaptain

PirateCaptain

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:12 PM

Ahoy!
I just put in a new Dynapower 500w PSU. Now when I go to turn on my computer, I get the bleeping.
Now, I was using it not 10 minutes before just fine, using a 250w PSY (unknown brand). I'm 95% positive I've got everything plugged in right, so I'm not sure what exactly my problem is.

Both CD Drives are plugged in, as is my HDD. The power cord is plugged in to the Motherboard.
All fans are spinning (though one on the Mother Board struggles to start up. Thermal Paste was applied to it a couple days ago).

Any ideas?

Must it take a life for hateful eyes to glisten once again? 'Cause we find ourselves in the same old mess, singing Drunken Lullabies!
Drink up me hearties, Yo Ho!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:22 PM

Well, when I have a mystery like this I try to eliminate everything possible. Unplug all connections so you have the PSU plugged into the mainboard, a CPU, Memory and video output. If that boots, you should get through the BIOS and then it will say OS not found.

If it beeps again and doesn't get any further than that your problem is limited to one of those connections. Otherwise try adding one device at a time and make sure the connections are tight.

If you know your BIOS you can look up what that beep code means. Search for the name of your bios and beep code.

Continuous beep Power supply, system board, or keyboard problem

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:48 PM

Ya I would do as Gothmog suggested. The only time I've heard/seen this is when my friend hooked up a saitek eclipse keyboard (that lights up) and his computer would do a beep and not boot up. It could be something like this perhaps.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users