Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Easy Transfer Cable For Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Padley

Peter Padley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:24 AM

Ladies & Gents,

I joined BC today and need some advice regarding transferring all the programmes etc from my old computer to a new one. I live in Spain but have just returned from UK where I purchased the new computer with Windows XP and NOT Vista from PC City (some of you will say WHY! My daughter did - but I did). I asked about transferring programmes etc from the old to the new and what should I have to do this. I was advised to buy the BELKIN Easy Transfer Cable for Windows Vista as although it is for Vista it will transfer from XP to XP (the BELKIN man said so!!). Could someone please tell me in easy terms, I'm happy working with computers but when it comes to the technical bits I'm not too good, if the BELKIN Transfer Cable will do the job and if so what are the problems to look out for.

Thank you all very much - in anticipation.

Peter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:15 PM

Hi Peter Padley and Welcome to Bleeping Computer,

This great Tutorial called "Using Windows Easy Transfer to Transfer Your Data to a New Computer" will answer all your questions.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:58 PM

TMack stole my thunder. Well the only thing to do now is...

Welcome to BleepingComputer!
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users