Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Uninstall

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jgadrummer

jgadrummer

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:37 AM

Is there a way to uninstall Vista and go back to XP on a laptop that came with a new vista install?
"All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players..."
'NP'

'Music is the fuel of life...'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:18 AM

Are you saying that your laptop came with Vista pre-installed, or did you get it with XP and free express upgrade to Vista?

If the answer is the former, then no, you cannot. You would need to purchase a copy of XP (probably only available now online or Ebay, re-format your drive and install XP cleanly.

For the free express upgrade, I'm not 100% sure of the answer. You may want to call Tech Support of your computer manufacturer.

Hope this helps? :huh:

#3 jgadrummer

jgadrummer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:25 AM

I have XP on cd, its my registered copy. I would like to go back to XP for a while until all the Vista bugs are worked out. When I put the xp cd in the laptop and booted from the cd rom drive, it looked like it would do a new install, then I got a nasty blue screen crash.
"All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players..."
'NP'

'Music is the fuel of life...'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users