Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Wireless Problem.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MaMister

MaMister

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:03 AM

I am using WinXP SP2

I have a BEFW11S4, currently I have 5 users connected using wireless and its working fine.

I got a new laptop and tried to connect to the router but it prompts "wireless network not available please try refresh you network" when I click on my SSID.

Normally for new setup it will just prompt for the WEP key and its done (it works for the rest of the 5 setups before)

Therefore I bring my laptop to neighbor to test, I successfully log in to his wireless in less then a minute (that means my laptop is ok)

What could be wrong? Does this BEFW11S4 have a limited user problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 919263

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:04 AM

I am using WinXP SP2

I have a BEFW11S4, currently I have 5 users connected using wireless and its working fine.

I got a new laptop and tried to connect to the router but it prompts "wireless network not available please try refresh you network" when I click on my SSID.

Normally for new setup it will just prompt for the WEP key and its done (it works for the rest of the 5 setups before)

Therefore I bring my laptop to neighbor to test, I successfully log in to his wireless in less then a minute (that means my laptop is ok)

What could be wrong? Does this BEFW11S4 have a limited user problem?

Check if DHCP is anabled on the router.
Then check how many DHCP clients are enabled, it is possible that the setting is for 5 only, and the 6th one is not ablw to log on due to this limitation.
A good way to secure the wireless network as this one is to go the Static IP way, and add the MAC addresses of the laptops to the MAC address filtering table.

#3 MaMister

MaMister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

I have check.

1. Restarting or shuting down router
2. WEP
3. No MAC Filter
4. DHCP is 1 to 50

No luck.

By the way, how many users can a wireless router take in?

#4 919263

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:01 PM

I have check.

1. Restarting or shuting down router
2. WEP
3. No MAC Filter
4. DHCP is 1 to 50

No luck.

By the way, how many users can a wireless router take in?

256, actually 254

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users